Banner Ad 1

Strange effect on U47 after priming

SubCommittee chapter in the Netherlands

Postby toneburst » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:19 pm

Hi,

have had a strange effect on the U47 while using primer/filler (spuitplamuur) on few spots on the hull. Looks like Stabilit Express isn't happy with the stuff (especially on the non-ABS material from which the floodholes are made of).
Anybody have any idea?

Jos.
Bailed out aircrew please report here......
toneburst

Postby witchblade » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:50 am

Toneburst,

I saw the pictures on your site. It looks like the spuitplamuur is bubbling due to a greasy underground. Stabalit Express is a little greasy when applied (even when mixed perfectly). I usually add an extra thick layer of it and then sand it down. After that it is less greasy and to be safe you can paint the little spots with "kunststofprimer" (for sale at Gamma and Karwei), and then use "spuitplamuur".

Good luck,

Danny v. Dijk

PS: sorry englisch viewers, some things are very hard to translate for us dutchies.
witchblade

Postby toneburst » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:57 pm

Witchblade,

I do use (a lot of) detergent before spraying (wasbenzine). The only spot where I have this effect is the one visible on the picture. Looks a bit like the effect you get when using an Acrylic paint over a water-based paint.
Thanks for the advise. Since I'm about the go again for (another) last layer of paint I will definitely follow it.
Will let you know if succeeded.

Bye.
toneburst

Postby toneburst » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:59 pm

Witchblade,

I do use (a lot of) detergent before spraying (wasbenzine). The only spot where I have this effect is the one visible on the picture. Looks a bit like the effect you get when using an Acrylic paint over a water-based paint.
Thanks for the advise. Since I'm about the go again for (another) last layer of paint I will definitely follow it.
Will let you know if succeeded.

Bye.
toneburst

Return to SubComNL