Banner Ad 1

Bible of Submarines - new book

A discussion forum for books and other printed matter dealing with submarines. Registered forum users are encouraged to submit their own book reviews!

Postby Wayne Frey » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:32 am

I am reposting the release of the book "Submarines of the Cold War", because it deserves your attention.
After reading it, I must say it is the best book I have read in a long time,with good history starting with they Type XXII and going to today.
I details evolution on both sides of all the boats.While it is a hardback,and about 45.00,it would be a mistake not to order one.There are new pictures too,for those tired of seeing the same old thing. I was taken at a drawing made during the 50s of a fleet boat with a pumpjet on the back.It was a concept only thing,never built.But cool to see.
This one deserves a 5 star review.It is the one you wife really wants to get you for christmas.
Avalible at amazon.
A must have
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby steve_of_ar » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:00 am

Wayne thanks for the heads up, I got the book and I love it. I think it's a lot more readable than the "US Subs since 1945" and covers the Soviet side in parallel, which completes the picture so to speak.
steve_of_ar

Return to Sub Books