Banner Ad 1

Posting photos on your member webpage - Try it - you'll like it!

Please use this forum to ask those "how to" questions on using all the interesting features available with our new forums.

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:39 am

This was written up by Bob Martin the SC webmaster a couple of months ago. I have added a couple of things to what Bob said that might help. Try it - it works!

If you have any problems or questions, don't be afraid to ask Bob. He is a very nice guy and you won't get any sass or condescension that you might get on other - less user friendly websites!
:laugh:

Member Homepages
A few people are wondering how to get started on their homepages. Remember that you have to be a paid up SubCommittee member!

First, be sure to log in. Get your member homepage login info from Bob the SC webmaster. Send him a user name you want to use (probably the one you use on the message forums just to keep the confusion down to a bare minimum), a password you want to use (easy for you to remember, but not something obvious for others to guess) and your SC member number (its on the mailing label of your SCReport) and Bob will get you set up with the homepage log in stuff.)

The link for logging in is on the left side of your screen on the main SC home page (www.subcommittee.com) near the bottom of the menu. Enter the info that Bob gave you and you are now logged in!

That done, select "member homepage" from the list across the top of your screen. This will bring you to the area where you can tell everyone a bit about yourself and your interests. At the bottom of the screen is the area where you can upload pictures of your personal fleet to share with everyone.

Once you are logged in, the other links across the top will allow submissions for photos, links, books, events, vendors, and reviews.

We are really relying on the collective energies of the members to make the new site as comprehensive as possible. If you have suggestions for any of the categories, be sure to submit them for approval (to webmaster@subcommittee.com) , and soon we will have the definitive resource for submarines on the net.

I check my mail throughout the course of the day, and try to respond to inquiries as quickly as possible. My goal is to have a maximum of a 24hr delay between submissions and approval and posting. Time will tell if I can keep up!

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, be sure to let me know. I'm working closely with the website developer and between the two of us we should be able to answer any questions you may have.

--------------
Regards from the new Subcommittee.com,

Bob Martin
Webmaster (webmaster@subcommittee.com)

Edited By TMSmalley on 1080734578
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to Forum Tips & Tricks