Banner Ad 1

Tualatin, Oregon Crawfish Festival, August 14th 2010

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Tualatin, Oregon Crawfish Festival, August 14th 2010

Postby Umi_Ryuzuki » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 pm

The past few years, SubCom Inland Passage has made an annual trek south to
Tualatin Oregon and sailed their submarines during the Crawfish Festival in August.

With the passing of Erv Crosby, I would hate to see this annual regatta cease to exist.
I have not heard if anyone has taken up Erv's position, but I would like to extend an
invitation to any submarine modelers to come out and display or play. In the past the
North end of the pond has been sectioned off for submarines, the center for open sailing, and
the South end for maneuvering event. So the submarines can have their own waters to sail freely.

The Century Hotel is right on the South end of the pond, so theoretically, you can sail from your room. :mrgreen:
http://www.thecenturyhotel.com/

August 14th, two of us will be hosting a maneuvering event, for targets, an afternoon event
for Tug boats, and an evening run with lighted gates for anyone that stays or returns Saturday evening.
We are still expecting model boat clubs, or members from Seattle, Burnaby BC, Spokane, Idahoe,
San Francisco, and possibly Arizona to attend this August 14th regatta. It would be great to see the
submariners continue to be a part of this event.

Speak up and let us know you are interested in attending

8)

Aimee...aka Umi_Ryuzuki
Portland, Oregon USA
Umi_Ryuzuki

Re: Tualatin, Oregon Crawfish Festival, August 14th 2010

Postby Myles Yancey » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Umi_Ryuzuki wrote:The past few years, SubCom Inland Passage has made an annual trek south to
Tualatin Oregon and sailed their submarines during the Crawfish Festival in August.

With the passing of Erv Crosby, I would hate to see this annual regatta cease to exist.
I have not heard if anyone has taken up Erv's position, but I would like to extend an
invitation to any submarine modelers to come out and display or play. In the past the
North end of the pond has been sectioned off for submarines, the center for open sailing, and
the South end for maneuvering event. So the submarines can have their own waters to sail freely.

The Century Hotel is right on the South end of the pond, so theoretically, you can sail from your room. :mrgreen:
http://www.thecenturyhotel.com/

August 14th, two of us will be hosting a maneuvering event, for targets, an afternoon event
for Tug boats, and an evening run with lighted gates for anyone that stays or returns Saturday evening.
We are still expecting model boat clubs, or members from Seattle, Burnaby BC, Spokane, Idahoe,
San Francisco, and possibly Arizona to attend this August 14th regatta. It would be great to see the
submariners continue to be a part of this event.

Speak up and let us know you are interested in attending

8)

Aimee...aka Umi_Ryuzuki
Portland, Oregon USA

Gentlemen how about helping Umi_Ryuzuki out and let her know if you would be interested in attending the Tualatin craw fish festival, Erv would generally run the Submarine even for this festival. You probably know it as the Portland Pacific Northwest Sub regatta, could please respond as soon as possible to aide in planning and set up of the event.

Thank You
Myles
If you are not part of the solution to a problem then say nothing at all
Myles Yancey

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas