Banner Ad 1

2010 Subregatta Carmel, Indiana

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

2010 Subregatta Carmel, Indiana

Postby admiralscommander » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:04 pm

The 2010 Subregatta will be held at Carmel, Indiana, Reflecting Pond. The dates are July 31st and August 1st. This year the Indianapolis Admirals are the host club. The Subcommittee and the Admirals have had a great history of working together and this year will be no exception.

We are using the same hotel as last year, the Hilton Garden Inn. They should be set up for reservations for that weekend. This is the home page for the hotel with all the info ( http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/ho ... cn=INDCAGI ) . Just mention that you will be with the Submarine Club's Subregatta and they will help you. Please contact the hotel directly for your reservations.

More details will follow as we get things lined up here. Let's all make this year's Subregatta, the biggest yet!!

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Chris Campbell
Subcommittee VP
admiralscommander@hotmail.com
admiralscommander

Re: 2010 Subregatta Carmel, Indiana

Postby subdude » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Sweet! Be there, or be square.......
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rick Teskey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:21 am

You can count on a Canadian contingent !
Rick
Rick Teskey
SubCommittee Member

Postby wiseoneg » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:09 am

Gene Wisner here, Commander of the Indianapolis Admirals. The Admirals are going to be the local support group for this event, and we will support the event as we have in the past. We will provide help in setting up the tents, getting tables and chairs, we will help man tables at the event, setup the on-the-water course, and supply general help for the 2 days in any way that we can. The actual running of the event will still need to be done by members of the SubCommittee. Tasks like have a director of the event, getting raffle prizes, advertising, getting all of registration materials, T-shirts, badges etc. will be run by members of SubCommittee. Just as it has been done in the past. The Admirals Club will be more aptly called "The Local Support Club", not the Host Club.
wiseoneg

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:07 pm

....Houston, I think we have a problem........

Gene, it sounds like you and Chris are not in synch about the regatta. Now I am uncertain that the details for the SubRegatta have in fact been worked out.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby hampboats » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm

I concur with Gene that this has been our position from the beginning. It was clearly stated both in writing and verbally. This is a Subcommittee event and we are more than happy to support it.
Dave Hampton
Indy Admirals
www.indyadmirals.org
hampboats
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bill Harris » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Gene, it sounds like you and Chris are not in synch about the regatta. Now I am uncertain that the details for the SubRegatta have in fact been worked out.
Jeff, what is not in synch? It looks like this is a SubCommittee Regatta, with teh Admirals providng local support.

--Bill
--Bill
SC# 3128
Bill Harris

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Bill,

Read the original post by Chris. He states that the Indy Admirals will be the host club. Then read Gene's post where he says that the Indy Admirals will support the event but not be the host club. Also note where Gene states:

"Tasks like have a director of the event, getting raffle prizes, advertising, getting all of registration materials, T-shirts, badges etc. will be run by members of SubCommittee."

This means that there is no one in charge of seeing that the regatta gets planned, owns the financial responsibility on behalf of the SubCommittee, and is seeing that all those tasks listed by Gene are in fact going to be done.

So tell me......do we have a regatta?

-Jeff

p.s. I have sent an e-mail to the SC officers so that they can address this issue.
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby admiralscommander » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:54 pm

2010 Subregatta details update:

This event is and always will be a Subcommittee event. Since the pond that we use is located in the Indianapolis Admirals backyard, it makes a lot of sense that the Admirals help run the event. I stated that they will be the host club. Gene didn't want anyone in the Subcommittee that the Admirals were taking over and doing everything for the event because I said they are the host club.
The Subcommittee will doing all the judging and also the speaking at the seminar. Members of the Subcommittee will also be the ones contacting vendors about their donations for the raffle.
Some of the items the Admirals will be doing is the radio impound, set up of a running course, and registration.
As Regatta Chairman, please send me any of your questions. The Hilton Garden Inn is set up for your reservations.
As more details are available, I'll be posting them here.
I hope that you will all be able to make it this year.

Chris Campbell
admiralscommander@hotmail.com
admiralscommander

Postby tabledancer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:06 pm

Will we get a discount rate for the weekend as we did for the last few years if we mention the SubCommittee.

TD :wink:
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby admiralscommander » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:02 am

The hotel rate is $89 for a king and $94 for 2 double beds. Just mention the submarine show or that you are with the Subcommittee and you'll be set. I would call the hotel directly. Sometimes in the past, the 800# people don't see the extra discounts.

Chris Campbell
admiralscommander

Postby Myles Yancey » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Gentlemen

Mr. Chris Campbell is the 2010 SubRegatta Chairmen he is also the main contact point for the event
this year.

I am also talking with Chris to get all the appropriate information posted to the website as soon as possible.
If you are not part of the solution to a problem then say nothing at all
Myles Yancey

Postby Bigdave » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi Chris,
Will there be rooms set aside for Thursday night as well like in the past, as some of us arrive a day early?
Thanks, BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Okay...there we go. Now it sounds like the details have been worked out.

Many thanks,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby tabledancer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks guys,I`ll be there.

TD :wink:
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Next

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas