Banner Ad 1

SubRegatta Saturday night seminars

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

SubRegatta Saturday night seminars

Postby subdude » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Folks,

I think you'll really enjoy the lineup of presentations for Saturday night. Not sure of the order as yet, but we'll be hearing from:

Curtis Lee - Curtis' specialty is converting small static model kits to radio control, and doing it on a college student's budget. He's done some very innovative work, gleaned information from the best and brightest in the hobby, and put it to exceptional use. He'll be giving us the rundown on his small sub methods.

Jim Whelchel - Jim is a relative newcomer to the model submarine hobby, but has many, many years in modeling everything from scratchbuilt aircraft to huge scale sailing ships to robotic fish! Jim's the guy who has built the "cub subs" that SubComEast takes to cubscout jamborees and other youth events to give youngsters a try at driving a simple r/c sub. Jim will be sharing the development process of the cub subs, I think you'll enjoy the "outside the box" methods involved!

Kevin McLeaod - You guys all know who Kevin is, no intro required. He'll be demonstrating his unique methods of building operable periscopes and doors. If you haven't witnessed them in action, it's really slick!

We may also manage to convince Skip Asay to do a Q&A type session. If there's anything you've wanted explained by one of the grand masters, get your questions ready!

There's lots to be learned here, we're sure you'll enjoy it. See you all soon!

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby pigeonfarmboy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Is this going to be held at the event or hotel?
pigeonfarmboy

Postby subdude » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:52 pm

We'll be holding the seminars in the hotel meeting room.

Jim

subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby hakkikt » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:41 am

Would be really cool if we members who cannot attend could get the presentations in paper form someday, in the SC Report... I am sure this will be interesting stuff even without seeing with one's own eyes the things being done. I'd be especially interested in Curtis' techniques for converting static models to RC.
- mobilis in mobili -
SC#1604
hakkikt

Postby subdude » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:58 am

Interesting thought! The seminars have been video recorded in the past and distributed that way. I'll look into the feasibility of either printing the presentation slides, or a transcript, or a mixture of both.

Thanks for the input, and sorry you can't be there!

Jim

subdude
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas