Banner Ad 1

Trying to get there from Australia - Advice about bringing a boat please

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby Slats » Thu May 25, 2006 9:03 pm

Hi guys,
yes I know I am leaving this awful late but I might be able to get to this years Subregatta. Its only about 24 hours flying time and about 32 hours all up with transfers.
Am thinking about bring my 72 scale Alfa. Logistics could be a problem but Qantas Cargo and Australian Customs said should not be a problem if packed and labelled separately. Not sure about how well this would work leaving the US? I have heard all sorts of horror stories about US airport workers stealing and damaging things - not sure if this is true or not. Please advise if anyone has any information about this?
One thing however, is that whilst 75 MHZ is legal in the US, it is illegal in Australia (our defence forces uses it). So in Australia 36 Mhz and 40Mhz is the legal accepted norm that we use and I use in my subs. Could I legally run my sub using 36 or 40 Mhz at the Subregatta?
Many thanks
John

Edited By Slats on 1148612047
John Slater

Sydney, Australia
Slats

Postby aeroengineer1 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:39 pm

I am not too sure about the transport problem, but as to the freq issue, I would say not to worry. There are many that I am sure would debate me on this, but in reality you would not be using a common freq that is used here in the States. There ar no dark vans that go out searching for errant freqs. That is my 2 cents on it.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas