Banner Ad 1

Cleveland Boat Show

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby chips » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:16 am

I know this isn't directly sub related, but my local model boat club will be displaying our models at the Cleveland Boat Show in January. I'll be taking my USS SKIPJACK (SSN 585) and USS HAMMERHEAD (SS- 364). The HAMMERHEAD is still under construction. Most of the guys in my club have sail boats or gas/nitro power boats. The BOATOhio Bay pool is 30' x 50' x14" - not quite deep enough for the sailboats, and too small for the power boats. I should have a great time patrolling the area. That's also my USCGC TAMAROA that's pictured on the link.

Edited By chips on 1135055867
Bob Gesking
SC# 1575
KC8WPF
chips
SubCommittee Member

Postby chips » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:13 am

So far the Boat Show has been a success for our locla club, looks like we'll get several new members. Lots of people stopped to look at the models, especially my two subs. I've been running the SKIPJACK 2 or 3 times a day, depends on the schedule. I probably won't run the SKIPJACK on Friday; I noticed that the epoxy around the lower rudder bearing tube was separated from the fiberglass hull, so I'll make a repair and be back in the water on Saturday. I handed out severeal SubCommittee brouchures each day. Several people said they would come to the SubRegatta to see and learn more.
Bob Gesking
SC# 1575
KC8WPF
chips
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas