Banner Ad 1

Last (?) Regatta update - (Unless I think of something else...)

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:42 pm

SubRegatta update ----

According to weather.com, it looks like we are going to have sunny skies, temps in the low to mid 80s and light winds Friday through Sunday with night-time lows in the low 60s. Sounds pretty good so far! Weather.com site for Carmel Indiana

A couple of items:
If you are new to the Indianapolis area be sure to print out the full sized Carmel area maps posted at Carmel SubRegatta 05 Maps I've tried to keep all the other info up-to-date on that site and the SC website too.

Friday 8:00-8:30 AM is the first TV shoot.
Come on down if you are in the area. Bring a working sub - the more we put on the TV screen the better! If you get there later in the day, feel free to bring your sub to trim it out in the pond.

Friday night Meet & Greet.
Sponsored by Ships n' Things and Mike's Subworks is at the Carmel Firehall just a few blocks from the pond. The location is indicated on the above mentioned maps.

Saturday 8AM the SubRegatta opens.
The big tents and tables will be up Friday night so if you feel like helping us set up the small tents and other stuff, feel free to come early Saturday morning! We will have doughnuts and coffee there.

Name Badges
This year we are asking everyone to check in at the SubRegatta registration desk at the pond to pick up your name badge. Name badges are a must for ID purposes at the Radio Impound and also to let other SC members know who the heck you are. Please wear 'em above the waist so we can see 'em.

Parking / no parking
The loading zone is right at the front of the park, but please don't park there for long periods. Move as soon as you get your stuff unloaded. Hopefully there will be people around who can help you carry your stuff the 50 feet to the tents from the loading zone.

Parking will be in the underground lot under one of the fancy brick buildings next to the pond. See the map on the site listed above. We will have a couple of signs directing you too.

With great trepidation, I am going to put my emergency cell phone number here. - I pay roaming charges and I don't have free long distance so please only call if it is essential - like you are hopelessly lost, your hair is on fire ~ that sort of thing. Thanks! 651-253-1032 . Our local guy, Chris Campbell's home telephone (no cell) is 317-844-9905. He would be best contact for driving instructions.

And a note from Dave Hamton (local to Carmel)
If anyone has any problems getting to the site during the time that we are setting up or running, you can call my cell phone -317-796-3864 Dave Hampton.

ERRATA -
A sharp-eyed SubCommittee member GPS-user noticed that I made a typo when putting up the GPS coordinates for the pond. I have made the changes on the website and elsewhere on the SC message board. If you are using a GPS to navigate,

the Pond GPS coordinates SHOULD read:
N 39 58.201
W 086 08.006

I had N 30 latitude before - which puts you somewhere on the Alabama, Florida state line..."Ya'll in a heap o' trouble now, bubbleboy." Maybe I had better stick to maps - DOH!

See you in Carmel - if I don't get lost...

I leave for Carmel Thursday at 5:00 AM. I am staying at the Comfort Suites on Thatcher and regatta co-director John Schagane is at the DoubleTree.

Weather.com site for Carmel Indiana

Edited By TMSmalley on 1122506275
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TheMongoose » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:19 pm

ok, so we're back at the firehall Friday?

Last email I got said save the 100 bucks and go to the pond. Just double checking so we aren't late. See you all atthe hotel or at the meet and greet.

Chris & Alex
Aaarrggghhhh, Play Me A Dirge Matey
TheMongoose

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:12 pm

Yes - Firehall for the Friday Meet and Greet. Ships and THings and Mikes SubWorks offered to pick up the hall rental tab. I sent an email out about that about ten days ago. Sorry if I missed you.

We are in Carmel tonight. The weekend weather is spoosed to be near perfect. Pond is cloudy due to recent rain storms(?) but hopefully will clear by the weekend.Tim

The tents are already up - its coming folks. See you Friday!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas