Banner Ad 1

Balboa lake Regatta July 16th - Southern California

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby liftmys10 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:02 pm

I can give them a call or email them if you have the list available.

Shawn
liftmys10

Postby U812 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:12 pm

Yes I have it handy. since you live a heart beat away you could come pick it up.

Thanks a lot,

Steve
U812

Postby liftmys10 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:23 pm

U812 wrote:Yes I have it handy. since you live a heart beat away you could come pick it up.

Thanks a lot,

Steve

you have mail.
liftmys10

Postby QM1 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:35 pm

Hi Steve,

I have sent E-mail to Dave Manley about the event. I dont have any other E-mail addresses for my fellow sub modelers in San Diego. I know several regularly check these posts though. Any who wish to form a wolf pack headed for LA with me Saturday drop me an E-mail @ stephen.vick@ccsg7.navy.mil
I plan to pull out from SD at about 0700 Saturday morning. I am bringing U-57 and the S-33 with me (plus wet suit fins mask etc...)
On a related note I have been talking with Helmut at Dymond Modelsport about starting a submarine group for San Diego the working title so far is U-Boot Fruende San Diego. anyone interested drop me a line so I can start a mailing list.

See Y'all there,
Steve
QM1

Postby liftmys10 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:11 am

Hey Steve (SD),

Thats great you're coming after all. I had the Albacore when we met up at Riverside.

Shawn
liftmys10

Postby QM1 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:24 pm

Hi Shawn,

I remember your Albacore, I have the S-boat I told you about ready to go now. Hopefully I will have the torpedo tubes working too, I plan a marathon build session Friday night.
The torps are done but pre testing has shown them to be slightly heavy, they float at the boat pond here in SD but only because that is salt water, they sink in the pool. I have the noses painted neon yellow so they will be easier to spot on the bottom.
I haven't had any replies from my Local guys yet, oh well, they will miss out on all the fun...
Be sure to contact Joe Park, he is in your area and should be in the membership directory. Tell him I said Battleship sailors are weenies.... Tin Can Sailors Rule!! (he will understand)
Take Care,
Stephen Vick
QM1

Postby JefftyToo » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:25 pm

Steve(s), Shawn and the rest of the So. Cal. crew,

By all means, add me to your e-mail notification list! I can't make the 16th (prior commitment), but I'm certainly interested in your 3rd-weekend-of-every-month setup (or whatever other regular schedule you choose). Next month I'll be at the SubRon5 Fun Run in Texas that weekend, but after that, I'm ready to patrol with you guys in Balboa -- those lake photos look great!

Keep me updated, and I'll keep checking the site boards.

Best,
Jeff Porteous (in La Mirada)
jefftytoo@comcast.net

P.S. Put my buddy Neil Schmidt on your e-mail list too: [email]neiljschmidt@charter.net.[/email] He's got a 32nd Parallel 1/32 Ohio class boomer (USS Nebraska) that's currently just shy of seaworthy. He's in Long Beach and pretty involved with just having moved, but maybe with some prodding we could shift his priorities and get him up to Balboa with a working boat soon.
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby U812 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:25 pm

Jeff,

you bet we'll add you to the list. sorry you can't make it this time but we will try to do this once a month. Hoping to do a full blown Regatta in the future if we all band together.

Thanks!

Steve
U812

Postby U812 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:06 pm

Well Accuweather says 83 for tomorrow. I'm hoping so. I'll get there about 11 am as planned. If you guys get there before me save me some water. LOL!

Here's my fleet I'm bringing.

Steve

U812

Postby U812 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:43 pm

First of all here is the link to the thread of pictures from the last run. We had a great time.
http://www.subcommittee.com/cgi-bin....;t=3597

Second we will do this every 3 weekend of each month. So the next one is Aug. 20. That's a Saturday. We meet at 11 am.

Last time out it was hot but on the lake it was very pleasent. When we weren't getting wet we were under the trees there and cool as can be. So don't let the heat put you off. The breeze accross the lake does the trick.

Althought we didn't have a bad turn out for a first effort I'd like to see more of you this time. Hopefully it will be cooler on the next date.

So get them working and lets see ya there!

Steve
U812

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas