Banner Ad 1

Subregatta Raffle

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby JDBostrom » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:25 pm

Just wondering if someone could explain to me a little more about how the raffle works. (i.e. How is it going to work being split up between two days?)

Can you pick whatever you want off the table? :D

Thanks,
Jonathan
"Ryan, be careful what your shooting at. Most of things in here don't react too well to bullets"
- Ramius, Hunt for Red October

Jonathan Bostrom
Caro, Michigan
JDBostrom

Postby Boss subfixer » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:42 am

Jonathan,
You buy as many tickets as you can afford (this helps offset the cost of putting on the regatta) and if your number is drawn you simply walk up to the prize table and pick up what ever you want. Tip: visit the prize table and figure out your choices would be in order, this helps move things along faster. For example First choice would be a sub kit, but if someone else picked it first then you would take the radio set and so on. At last years regatta I picked a large stack of SCR back issues when my number was drawn.
Repeat the process on Sunday.
Best of luck to you if you go.
BSF
Don Evans
SCM# 2733

Put your heart into it, well done is better than well said... Ben Franklin
Boss subfixer

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:07 am

BossSubFixer has it right on ...

1) Check out items on table and figure out your own priority of stuff that you would pick.

2) Buy as many $1 tickets as you can afford - :D

Some people have a "system" by buying a few at a time through the day, others blow their whole wallet all at once. Ticket sellers will be roaming the grounds.

3) You must be there when the numbers are drawn - drawing starts a little after 3 PM Sat and right after the competition award presentations on Sunday.

NOTE - Pay attention to the announcer - if you don't come up when the number is drawn and announced (we read it a couple of times), that one is discarded and the next number is drawn. "You snooze, you... :;): " as they say.

The raffle donations are split between the two days as evenly as possible so Saturday and Sunday have a similar value / type of items on the table.

- NEW FOR 2005 -

We are going to have a Silent Auction (A completely separate activity from the raffle.)

If you have never seen a silent auction - its pretty neat.

Items are put on a table and a piece of paper is next to the item. If you would like to have the item - say a Revell type VII kit - you write down a bid for the item on the piece of paper.

The next guy who comes along can write a higher bid if he wants. The final bidder (who is present at the end of the day annoucement with his money ready to pay) gets the item. That way - if you really want the item - you can have it - you don't have to hope you get lucky in a drawing and usually you get it for less than the usual selling price.

We are just going to have a few items out just as a trial run this year.

Good luck!

:cool:

Edited By TMSmalley on 1122127221
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JDBostrom » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:52 pm

Thanks guys, I can't wait!
"Ryan, be careful what your shooting at. Most of things in here don't react too well to bullets"
- Ramius, Hunt for Red October

Jonathan Bostrom
Caro, Michigan
JDBostrom

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas