Banner Ad 1

SubRegatta 2005 - Raffle!

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:58 am

SubRon6 President John Schagane has donated a brand new Nautical Commander Radio Ch 75. Muchas Thanks John!!!

John Schagane (kneeling) talks subs with one of the SubCommittee founding fathers, Dave Hampton (in waders) at the Carmel Pond.

o
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Steve Nuttall » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:35 am

My stuff is mailed; and will be there real soon; if not already :cool:
Steve Nuttall

Postby JefftyToo » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:00 pm

Hey Tim,

My summer travel circumstances have changed and I won't be making the Regatta after all -- major bummer! But I work for a West Coast sporting goods chain and just scored a nice, new buyer's sample of (shoe) size 9 hip waders I'd like to donate -- either to you personally as an organizer, to the Regatta in general to just have hanging around for foundered skippers, or as a raffle prize -- however you see fit.

I need a place to ship 'em to though. You just moved recently, right? I'm not up on your latest address. Could you either post it here or e-mail me with the info.? Or is there somewhere else you'd rather I ship the box instead of directly to you?

Many thanks,
Jeff Porteous
your SCR partner in crime
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:17 pm

Hey Jeff -

Sorry to hear you can't make it, but your donation is MOST appreciated. Although I made up the database and did the mailing to vendors asking them for donation, we had everything shipped to John Schagane - the SubRegatta co-director, who is inventorying and cataloging everything and doing a great job.

This year we are putting a label on every donation we get, saying where / who it is from so guys know who to thank for their cool toy they win. By the way - John sent me his most recent list and there is some COOL stuff!

Your "Official SubCommitte Sunken Sub Cold Water Recovery Boots" will be MOST appreciated. We will put them on the raffle table as one of the prizes (or since it is a "pair" of boots, should it count as two prizes? :laugh: )

Please ship donated raffle prizes to John at -

SubRegatta Raffle
c/o Mr. John Schagane
1708 Twain Ridge Drive
Lexington, KY 40514-1814

And you other non-vendor guys - if you have a SubRegatta-related item - even if it is kind of "far out" like a pair of hip boots - please send them to John with an explaination of what they are for.

One of the other strange but cool prizes was donated by Al Bass of Chicago. It is an EZ-up tent (retail price $99) that a lot of us use for shade while running in the hot Indiana sun.

We are using the tent for a display area on Saturday and then on Sunday we are giving it away as a raffle prize! (You will need to handle shipping / transportation on your own ;-)

If you make a donation to the raffle table, we will put your name on the item(s) as donor and of course youll get a mention in the SC Report!

New for this year is a "silent auction table" where we will have a few "el primo" items that people can put a bid on by writing their name and dollar-amount bid. Then the next guy can come up and outbid you.

This will help raise some extra funds to pay for the extra tables and chairs we need to rent for the great turnout we are going to have!

CROWD SCENE
There are already over 80 people PRE-REGISTERED... If 80 people have bothered to let us know they are coming - there are sure to be those who just show up so be sure you have your hotel reservations SOON (and email me too so I we can get your ID badge done. )

So please - if you want to help support your club, but don't have your time to donate, how about a nice prize for the SubRegatta Raffle?! :cool:

By the way - if you have just decided to come to the SubRegatta 05 but have not yet RSVPed to me, please do so at tmsmalley @ yahoo. com.

While it isn't absolutely a must, it will help us get your souvenir name badge laser printed instead of us writing in chicken scratch penmanship style at the pond.

You will NEED TO WEAR YOUR NAME BADGE - to check out your radio from the impound. Boris the Radio Czar will be quite strict about this requirement - for security's sake. It will save accidents too so no one can use a radio without a frequency clip causing a collision or lost navigation course!

Edited By TMSmalley on 1121168445
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:30 pm

I'm on it, Tim. Thanks for the shipping info. Best of luck, and have a great time!

Jeff Porteous
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:34 am

Does anyone know how to contact Dave Keoh - formerly of Pandan in the UK?
Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:49 am

Lee from Scale Shipyard has just donated a 1:72 USS Permit hull kit. Thanks Lee!

An RC USS Permit - (not sure if its an SSY hull or not but they are a really cool looking model.)

:cool:
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:51 am

Another non-vendor - Jeff Jones has donated a Revell 1:72 Type VII. (I hope Dave Welch brings lots of RCABs systems to sell!)

Tim

Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas