Banner Ad 1

SubRegatta plug-ins - Power to the People!

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:19 am

Yep, there will be power (but not in the big display tents - due to safety hazard issues running cords long distances over the ground). We will have a "charging tent" with power strips to plug in chargers. We can tap off the taps on the big light standards that are around the park and will have the tent as easy access shade for everyone.

Note - put your name on everything ( I use a Sharpie felt tip marking pen on blue masking tape right across front of my stuff). Every radio/charger/battery pack looks like the other guys'.

Tim

Edited By TMSmalley on 1120134381
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Desert Boat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 pm

Tim ... you have to be commended for the work I have observed you doing on this meet. Having managed large meets myself out here in Arizona, I know the problems you're facing and overcoming. Too many modelers only attend and partake but have never assumed responsibility for an event. Sometimes they show their appreciation for your work, but, unfortunately, most times they don't. I wish I could be there to help, but my support from afar is all I can give. Keep up the good work!
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby TMSmalley » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:20 am

Thanks Ray. I am a little worried because everything is going so smoothly! :D That's probably because of the great work by Chris Campbell SC member and prez of the Indy Admirals and John Schagane - SubRon6 prez. Both are busting their humps getting stuff ready, renting tents, printing name tags etc.

A great SubRegatta team!!!

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas