Banner Ad 1

SubRegatta 05 update - fun stuff

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby TMSmalley » Thu May 05, 2005 4:40 pm

SubRegatta - July 30-31, Carmel, Indiana

I got a call today from Al Matava of Ships N' Things. He confirmed that he will be attending the 2005 SubRegatta as a vendor. Al is going rent a nine passenger van to haul all their stuff and Al has offered to once again sponsor the Friday night "meet and greet" festivites with Mike and Alyssa Shubar of Mike's SubWorks.

Other vendors attending include: Dave Merriman - D&E Miniatures, Lee Upshaw - Scale Shipyard, Dan Sinstead - MCD, and Mike and Alyssa Shubar - Mike's SubWorks and Chuck Anderson from Model Construction have all indicated that they are coming. Dave Keoh from Pandan Models (in the UK) may also be there as a guest of Skip Asay. I am hoping that Matt Thor, OTW, FX Models, Steve Nutall, and Model Brass will attend too along with our other SubCommittee vendors.

...OR IS THAT AN RC SUB IN YOUR POCKET?
Breaking another tradition - we are going to have pizza and sodas at the Meet and Greet along with the cold-cuts and fruit trays that are always a favorite for the healthy eaters in the gang. That way, folks won't have to leave to have dinner somewhere else and can hang around talking subs (be sure to warn your significant others that subs are Job #1!)

THE ROCKY SUB PICTURE SHOW
I am bringing an LCD projector to the “Meet and Greet” so we can watch DVD videos too. Those who are interested can wander over to the pond on Friday eve after the party to conduct sea trials.

Even though there are lights around the pond, you might want to bring some cyalume chemlight sticks to tape onto the hull so you can see your boat out in the middle of the pond. The lights aren't that bright.

WHERE'S THE FIRE?
Our "Friday Night Meet and Greet" and "Saturday Night Subs Seminar" are at the ritzy new firehouse facility "Carmel Fire Station #41" that is within walking distance of the pond.

Chris Campbell - SubCommittee member and president of the Indy admirals scale boat club came through in a pinch and found us this place when the hotel wanted to "ding" us $1000 for both nights if we used their ballroom. NOTE TO SELF: Get out of the way if a bell starts ringing and guys in rubber suits start sliding down the fire pole. . .

IT ONLY "SHIRTS" FOR A LITTLE WHILE
From the results of the informal (and highly biased) poll I took, I think we are going to go with a navy blue pocket tee shirt with yellow lettering as the official SubRegatta tee shirt this year rather than the ash gray ones that have been at the last 13 SubRegattas. The navy blue ones are sharp and professional looking and cost the same as the gray ones. I can have them "built" up to size 4X so if any BIG dudes are interested, drop me an email and I'll have them make you one - same price as the whimpier L, XL, XXL and XXXL sizes!

See you July 30 for the SubRegatta!

SubRegatta co-coordinators
Tim Smalley tmsmalley @ yahoo.com
John Schagane
Chris Campbell

Edited By TMSmalley on 1115734471
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JDBostrom » Fri May 06, 2005 4:35 pm

So there is nothing that is really going to be taking place at the Doubletree then?
"Ryan, be careful what your shooting at. Most of things in here don't react too well to bullets"
- Ramius, Hunt for Red October

Jonathan Bostrom
Caro, Michigan
JDBostrom

Postby Bigdave » Sun May 08, 2005 12:32 pm

OK Tim! Why do you keep teasing us like this! It's bad enough we have to wait almost three months :p
Seriously, Thanks for the update :D I for one can't wait! BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby boatbuilder1 » Mon May 09, 2005 9:52 am

Hello All

Modelconstruction 4U (MC4U) will defiantly be there and we hope to have a few projects under way with us for everyone’s scrutiny we are coming on the afternoon of the 30th and will stay to the wee night hours of the 31srt

Hope to see you all there

chuck

please note our new email address

andrsnhaus@sbcglobal.net
charlie

Time is a fleeting idea of man's invention.
its all relative
boatbuilder1

Postby TMSmalley » Mon May 09, 2005 1:47 pm

Here is a shot of the Carmel Firehall where the Friday night Meet and Greet - sponsored by Ships N' Things is happening as well as the Saturday Evening Sub Seminar - starring a cast of rc sub cognisenti and illuminatti! (Asay, Dory, Merriman, etc!)

As you can see from the photo, this ain't the "Poor Side of Town" but you DON'T have to wear a coat and tie to eat pizza on Friday. :cool:

~ City of Carmel Indiana Fire Headquarters Station 41 ~ 2 Civic Square Carmel, IN 46032 ~ location of Friday eve Meet and Greet Pizza Fest and Saturday Eve Sub Seminar)

Edited By TMSmalley on 1115664216
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Mon May 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Its a comin'!

Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas