Banner Ad 1

Sub Regatta in Los Angles county - we are working on it

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby U812 » Sun May 15, 2005 6:29 pm

liftmys10 asked the question the other day about a sub regatta in LA. Well I put it to him organize one and we will come. Question is there doesn't seem to many of you in the LA area. Or am I wrong?

We would hold it at Balboa lake. Subs only. Hopefully liftmys10 will ring in here and tell you more about the lake. Here's what he had to say in the other thread:

I agree with you that Balboa lake being a dark color water. The advanatge to that place is, they have a designated area all year long for r/c boats, they have a retrieval boat that the lifeguard is more than happy to help us out during the case our subs have a problem, the water is dark like you mentioned but it does make it a more scale looking when you take a picture??, the park is very large and easy going for a relaxing sunday, and the lake doesnt have underwater obstacles so its hard for our subs to get stuck.

So lets see who's interested.

Report in guys.

Steve

Edited By U812 on 1116196255
U812

Postby liftmys10 » Mon May 16, 2005 2:50 am

It's located in San Fernando Valley close to the 101 and 405 freeway. Steve also mentioned that maybe we can make it an anual event. This place is very relaxing and the parking lot is 10-15 steps away from the reserved r/c boat area and parking is always empty. Maybe we can start off my showing up the first and third sunday of each month? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to see more subs in action here in LA county.

Directions to lake Balboa: 6300 Balboa Boulevard, Van Nuys, CA 91406
liftmys10

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas