Banner Ad 1

WOODS HOLE MODEL BOAT SHOW - April 16 & 17, 2005 Patriot's Day wkend.

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby U-5075 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:43 pm

I just got the below as an e-mail. I'll dig up the details from last year and add the info to this notice.

Woods Hole Historical Collection
& Museum
P.O. Box 185
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Telephone (508) 548-7270
November 23, 2004

Dear Participant,

Mark your calendars! The Woods Hole Historical Museum is proud to present the fifth biennial Woods Hole Model Boat Show on April 16 & 17, 2005, Patriot’s Day Weekend. On Saturday, the show will run from 10 AM to 4 PM; on Sunday from 10 AM to 3 PM. Throughout both days there will be exhibits, workshops, talks, and races. We will even have model submarines running in the Oceanographic tow tank. Last time, there were more than 125 boat models on display; we are hoping for even more this year. For children, there will be an opportunity to run radio-controlled boats in a pool on the Museum’s grounds. Also they will be able to build models of the Museum’s signature boat, the Woods Hole Spritsail. Tickets for the entire show including both days will be $ 12 each, $ 6 for kids, maximum $ 30 per family.

If you would like to be an exhibitor, please fill in the attached document and return it to barry.nn@verizon.net or mail it to the address above. We’ll get back to you with more details. If you are a member of a club, please spread the word. If you are interested in a group exhibit, or would like to run an event, please tell us. If you have exhibited in the past, please do not hesitate to bring your same wonderful models. After all, it’s been two years, there’ll be new visitors, and old visitors will want to see your models again! If you have a model you would like to donate for a raffle, please let us know. If you wish to be a commercial exhibitor, mark that on the document, along with your space needs, and we will contact you.

We are looking forward to another successful Model Boat Show. As always, it is you exhibitors who make it all possible. We are eagerly awaiting your reply! Thank you so much for your part in the Show.
U-5075

Postby U-5075 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:03 pm

This is what was posted for 2003's event. Absolutely no guarantees but everything should be somewhat similar except that I doubt that USCG Station Woods Hole would be open for visitors. Should you have any questions check with Art Broder (SC member) he was there last time.

Please note:
The free parking.
That Eel pond is salt water!
The use of WHOI's glass-windowed tow tank for RC models!!!!!

Sat 10AM-4PM Sun 27th 10AM-3PM
Exhibitors will be given special rates at local motels and B&B's. Ticket holders discounts at local stores and restaurants. Generous free parking at WHOI (the institute) and the Steam Ship authority in Falmouth and free shuttle bus.[This has to be off season!!!!]
R/C sailboat racing and demo in Eel Pond (salt water).WHOI's glass-windowed, tow tank for use and demo of R/C model subs.[I guess that this is a biggie tank.] Other models, displays, and programs in 5 buildings.Children's program in model boat building. Appraisals, commercial exhibitors. Interestingly, USCG Station Woods Hole is reportedly to have open house (maybe don't count on it though). NO hoards of tourists, I guess. Tickets to events $10 adults, $5 kids with adult(s). $25 for family.For more info contact Barry Norris his e-mail is barry.nn@verizon.net Their home page is http://www.woodsholemuseum.org Most helpful people
U-5075

Postby Art Broder » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:17 pm

It has been a well run event for many years. I have enjoyed exhibiting my Alfa in the 4ft by 4ft by 40ft long test tank. No chance to turn the 44" long sub around. I just have someone at the opposite end turn the model manually, for the return run. If you would like to see a video of my sub in action in the tank, try http://groups.msn.com/ArtBrodersmodels/documents.msnw?&pps=k
You may be asked to join the group, (free), to view the video, which is the second item titled 'Art's Alfa at Wood's Hole...", and is 111k.
Art Broder
SubCommittee#0060
RCABS- It's easy to control your own bladder!
Art Broder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Art Broder » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:09 pm

A reminder for New England sub enthusiasts about the Woods Hole Model Boat Show (Cape Cod, Massachusetts). Attend on your own, or, if you want to exhibit your sub, I can possibly arrange free lodging for you for the weekend. I'm reposting the original info below.

Mark your calendars! The Woods Hole Historical Museum is proud to present the fifth biennial Woods Hole Model Boat Show on April 16 & 17, 2005, Patriot’s Day Weekend. On Saturday, the show will run from 10 AM to 4 PM; on Sunday from 10 AM to 3 PM. Throughout both days there will be exhibits, workshops, talks, and races. We will even have model submarines running in the Oceanographic tow tank. Last time, there were more than 125 boat models on display; we are hoping for even more this year. For children, there will be an opportunity to run radio-controlled boats in a pool on the Museum’s grounds. Also they will be able to build models of the Museum’s signature boat, the Woods Hole Spritsail. Tickets for the entire show including both days will be $ 12 each, $ 6 for kids, maximum $ 30 per family.

Art Broder
SubCommittee#0060
RCABS- It's easy to control your own bladder!
Art Broder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Boss subfixer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:06 pm

Gentlemen,
I would like to thank you for posting the information about the boat show. My wife and I had a great time and look forward to the next one in two years. I should have my boat done by then so there will be at least one more sub there. My wife likes the surface boats ( targets, she gets mad when I remind her of that) and I just had fun talking with the modelers and admiring their works of art.
Art, it was good to see you again and to talk to you some more about your boats and your wonderful ARCABS setup.
Thanks again.
BSF
Don Evans
SCM# 2733

Put your heart into it, well done is better than well said... Ben Franklin
Boss subfixer

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas