Banner Ad 1

12th Annual International Submarine Regatta - July 26-27, 2003, Johnston, Rhode Island

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby Art Broder » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:58 am

Seahawk,
The show was very successful, and I had a great time there. The weather was better than predicted, the weed problem from last year was corrected so it was not a factor this year, and there was a good attendance by the public, exhibitors, and vendors. The only downside was the cancellation of the navigation competition due to lack of willing participants.
I'm reposting my link to a few pictures I took at the Regatta. This was posted on the Subron4 forum. Art Broder's Models
Art Broder
SubCommittee#0060
RCABS- It's easy to control your own bladder!
Art Broder
SubCommittee Member

Postby rcade » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:20 am

Seahawk, I agree with Art. The regatta was great. The vendors really outdid themselves at the raffle table. Albacore kits, 3.0 and 3.5 inch WTCs, SCRs, motors, speed controllers the works. The vendors also had a great seminar and presentation Saturday night. Mike Schubar, Skip Asay, Al Matava were there. They had a good stock and sold much. Skip's new Marlin kit was there and ran great. I would have liked to have seen more venders but the ones that showed did a great job. There were lots of new models and ideas from all. Mike Dory was there and had a great running Type 2. Thanx for letting me drive your type 2. The pond was in good shape. No weed problems and plenty of room to run. Some folks even had races around the island without any weed problems. the food wagon had good eats and plenty for everyone.:D
Rob Cade
SC# 2460
rcade

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas