Banner Ad 1

Who's coming to the SubRegatta in Keystone 2014?

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Who's coming to the SubRegatta in Keystone 2014?

Postby salmon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:12 am

My family and I are really excited to go back to Keystone this year. As we prepare for the Regatta, Colorado Crew will want to reserve a block of rooms (this will help us get the best rates), which if it was like last year, you guys will be thrilled - I think. That being said, Keystone is knee deep into the ski season and we will not be able to reserve the rooms for another couple of months. I am a worry wart and not sure how many rooms to reserve, so if you are planning to come would you reply to this posting and let me know.

To be able to put faces to names and subs together will definitely be one of my highlights, but there is a ton of things that can be done by the family around Keystone. I know Tina and Sam will do some horseback riding and I might get some fly fishing in. There is definitely a LOT of shopping both in Keystone, but also a short distance away. Would you add things your family or you might like to do? I will be staying up here for 7-8 days, are you going to spend additional time here too?
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Re: Who's coming to the SubRegatta in Keystone 2014?

Postby Tommydeen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 am

To add to what Tom is saying essentially there is two resorts at keystone the regatta will be held at the older part of the resort. The newer part ( walking distance) has some great restaurants, shops and activities for the family. There is also Breckinridge a half hour drive from keystone and the town of Dillion That has a lot of factory outlet stores and restaurants as well. The SubRegatta 2014 will be like none other in that we hope to not only have a great time enjoying our hobby but hopefully our significant others can have a great time as well taking in the colorado Rocky Mountains and all the outdoor activities that are available.
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby Thor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:05 pm

I will be there for certain. I plan on coming in on the 16th and leaving the following Monday. My two sons are coming with their boats as well.
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:54 pm

I plan on coming in Thursday, and like Matt, staying till Monday. I was hoping block room reservations/rates would be locking in sooner rather than later, but I guess I should go ahead and reserve my flights even though not quite certain of accommodations yet. (What's the situation with other nearby hotels? Of course, my preference would be to stay at the agreed-upon SubRegatta HQ, as so many of us have done for the Carmel gatherings.) Please post pronto when specific information becomes available. Really looking forward to it!

JeffP
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tommydeen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:52 am

We will be keeping everybody posted on the room rates. Keystone wanted the number of people that are going to attend and since we don't have any numbers yeat we may have to do like last summer. The hotel gave a (code) from the lodge that offered rates for our event for all who attended.
Will post more as soon as we here from keystone.
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby Thor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:45 am

Tom,
I suggest doing what was done last year. If you're looking for a head count, forget it. That approach has never worked in the past. I think issuing the discount code and advertising that is the best bet!

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Postby salmon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:34 pm

By being able to get a block of rooms we might gain what? Better rate? guaranteed room? designated hotel? I honestly am not sure, but I can make guesses.

Last year we stayed in the hotel a few blocks away, but, speaking for myself, it would be great to stay here:
This is located right where we sail.

If people want to put their name down, we can see. I see the benefit as being able to get a block of rooms and not get bumped if another group books. I would guess, but if, as you say Matt it won't work or people will not let us know then you are right, we will get whatever is available. Either way, I think people will really be pleased with the rates.

Thoughts?
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby Thor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Tom,

I know a lot of folks are planning on attending. That is not a worry in the least. They are coming. I'm not certain what the reason is, but only a fraction communicate early that they will be attending, which makes it very difficult to get an early and accurate head count. It has always worked well in the past that it is left up to the individual to make his/her own reservations at the hosting hotel. Negotiate a discount rate for the event and post that rate. The hotel in Carmel had a special reservation page for the Subcommittee event. Chris simply communicated the link to the discount reservation rate and the rest was up to the modeler.

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Postby salmon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Thanks Matt! I understand. I know of a few that are going, it will be well attended, and I need to relax (yeah like that is going to happen) - man I am really looking forward to this trip - 6 months and counting. It is going to be a blast - Big TOM has some great ideas for the course and seminars.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby Pat Habel » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:57 am

I am planning to be there. I will probably arrive sometime Thursday and leave on Monday.

Thanks
Pat Habel
Pat Habel
SubCommittee Member

Postby amirhossain » Mon May 05, 2014 9:48 am

Hello everybody

I'm Amirhossein Payande An university student from Iran.
It's about 6 or 7 years that I work on RC submarine.
About SubCommittee I heard it before & I went to the site It's really enjoyable, Fun & … and in this post I must say thank you to the subcommittee
Do you know I searched a lot on the net If I find a site or an international RC submarine competition or not ....
So I didn't find any more as fun & enjoyable as Subregatta ... Thank you

we really want to compete in this international competition (Subregatta) We really work in these years.
& of course enjoy the sub that you build & bring it to Subregatta.
Please help us.
1-About SubCommittee: If we want to compete in this competition what we can do first? who we must send our request?
2- Can we compete?

thank you very much & I wish to see you all soon in USA
I Really love to come ....
Good Luck & God with you whole of your life.

Amirhossein Payande
Tohid.1373@yahoo.com
Skype Id: Amir.payande2
Facebook: Amirhossain Payande
Phone: +989139312008
Isfahan, Iran
amirhossain

Postby salmon » Mon May 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Amirhossein Payande,

Welcome! We would love to see you here!
1. To register go to: http://subcommittee.com/sr-register.html or for more information look at this page: http://www.subcommittee.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11960

2. Of course you can compete! It is a great time to share and learn new things as well as compete.

I hope this has helped answer some questions, if you have more questions, please post!

Peace,
tom
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby amirhossain » Wed May 07, 2014 4:11 am

Thank you so much Tom
your response Help me a lot ...
OK I will register in http://www.subcommittee.com/sr-register.html But do you know We are a Foreigner I mean me & my friend so If we want to be there on time in Subregatta 2014 Keystone, Colorado July 18-20 we must have an invitation (We need VISA) for this competition from subcommittee or ...
so I don't know who send our request? Do you now I think we must send our pass with invitation about 2 month before the event.
Good Luck
I wish to see you soon in Keystone
Amirhossein Payande
amirhossain

Postby salmon » Wed May 07, 2014 9:26 am

Amirhossein Payande,
I am sorry, I do not know anything about travel internationally, but maybe one of the leaders of SubCommittee here can speak to this or Matt Thor.
Peace,
Tom
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Wed May 07, 2014 11:53 am

Arranging for international travel is the responsibility of the individual(s) who will be traveling. The SubCommittee is not in a position to provide assistance in that area.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Next

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas