Banner Ad 1

Virtual Googles

R/C Submarine modelers

Virtual Googles

Postby greenman407 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Guys! I am strongly considering purchasing Caswells Virtual Gooles and underwater camera system. Before I do however I thought that I would ask for any input by anybody who has tried one or knows of any who have tried one to give me some feedback. Any help would be appreciated with a double D. Thanks :D
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Re: Virtual Googles

Postby greenman407 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Well I just called Caswell and placed an order for one. I will post here pictures and the build on it. Then on to operational use.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:49 am

The package arrived in good order and you are with me as I open it up and explore the contents.
First the instructions. Seems to be well written and of good detail.

Then comes the WTC that will house the camera and hitch a ride on top of the submarine. Note the schrader valve recessed nicely into the tail cone. Nice touch.

In this box was found the miniature camera and the reciever as well as all the wiring. On the box it says the smallest wireless video and audio camera in the world.

Then on to the virtual goggles themselves. The headband is adjustable and fits well. I will endeaver to read thru the destructions.........I mean instructions and then hook it up for a test. :D
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:01 am

Image Since I have trouble taking accurate pictures of myself I have asked one of my welders (Michel Sanudo Del Rio) to demonstrate the wearing of the goggles. The distance from your eye to the lenses is adjustable so in the first shot vs. the second shot you see it can vary.

Image As you can see they come with some rubber eye piece extenders that help block out external light.

Image In full subdriver mode.

Image When you need to look out and see where your sub is you just reach out and rotate up the view port out of your way and when you are ready again to view thru them you rotate them back down.
greenman407

Postby Sub culture » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 pm

You know you run the risk of getting nicknamed 'Geordi La Forge', don't you! :P

'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Ha! I have been called considerably worse. :)
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:22 pm

I hooked it up for a system check before I start cutting and soldering wires. IT WORKS! Its not like sitting in the IMAX theatre but as Dave said its more or less equal to VHS quality. My concerns about my eye being able to focus on a screen so close to my eye seems unfounded. It looks good so far. There is a contrast adj. and a brightness adjustment in the wiring harness that attaches to the reciever. You can make use of that to dial in your particular tastes to the picture. There is also a focus feature on the little camera but no info on that in with the manfg. instructions so Ill have to find out more about that.
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:03 am

I had a break in here at the job the other night. They got a lot of personal tools and many company tools but this little jewel( Up periscope system) they didnt find. WHEW!!!!!!!!! Dodged a bullet on that one. They did however get a couple of 7 bladed brass props destined for the Oscar. It is my firm wish that the fleas of a thousand camels will infest their armpits. Theft is a real problem here! Its probably a big source of income to the pawn shops who obviously turn a blind eye to a lot of it. If you see the same guy come in to hock some tools again and again and again and again........you KNOW its not legite! :| :? :x :evil:
greenman407

Return to R/C Modeler