Banner Ad 1

Aft Plane Servo Glitch

R/C Submarine modelers

Aft Plane Servo Glitch

Postby jodyae52 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:39 am

Hello Gentlemen,
I was at the pond the other day with my OTW Seehund, (I am using the OTW dive module with a High Tech Laser 6 radio with Skip Asay's APC module) when I connected power the aft plane servo went full "nose down". I checked my transmitter and all was normal. Thinking that I had some sort of interference, I took the sub back home. I was also thinking that maybe I had a bad channel or servo. When I got home I replugged power to it again and all was normal? the next day at the pond I connected the battery again and the same thing happened. I then disconnected then reconnected the battery and all was normal, no problems with the servo. Thinking this being a digital radio, would this be a case of the "Ones and Zero's" not lining up on initial power up or something else. You thoughts will be greatly appreciated :lol:
jodyae52

Re: Aft Plane Servo Glitch

Postby greenman407 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 am

Hi! I have had simular problems so dont feel bad. Try disconnecting the apc and see if it happens again. That will help isolate where the problem is coming from. The Laser 6 radio is not the best either. Try borrowing someone elses radio and use it instead. Keep swaping out componants until you find the miserable culprit and then show your righteous indignation against it by executing it with a sledge hammer before all onlookers!!!! Oh :oops: Sorry :oops: I get a little carried away at times. Good show. :D
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby Sub culture » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 am

It could be something as basic as a bad socket/plug. I don't agree that the Laser 6 is a poor set. I've got quite a bit of Hitec kit, and have found it's well made and reliable.

You may want to do a range check on the equipment, also are you using a ESC with a BEC, some of these can cause grief. Try powering up your rig with a separate RX supply, see if that makes a difference. You will have to disable the onboard BEC on the ESC if you try this.

These things are a process of elimination I'm afraid.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Al Nuci » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:52 pm

In defense of the Hitec Laser 6 radio, I have used this radio often since 2007 with an apc-4 pitch controler with no servo glitching issues, however, a similar problem as you have explained was occuring on my initial electronics setup using an inexpensive receiver. I had then switched receivers to a Novak synthesized fm receiver which was available to me at that time and have since eliminated any and all glitching issues. This is not to say you have the same issue, but simply food for thought. Best of luck.
Last edited by Al Nuci on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Nuci

Postby jodyae52 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks everyone for the replies, that's what makes the Subcommittee a great organization= trible knowledge!

Regards, Jody
jodyae52

Return to R/C Modeler