Banner Ad 1

Robbe U-47 upgrade parts

R/C Submarine modelers

Robbe U-47 upgrade parts

Postby gawnefishing » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:21 pm

:x I am building the Robbe U-47. Back around Christmas time I seen somewhere a upgrade rear end cap for the boat and now I can't find it anywhere. The end cap was made of aluminum and you mounted the rear part of the sub, then turned same to lock in place. Doe's anyone know the maker and or site to but this part??
gawnefishing

Postby Sub culture » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 pm

'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby subsinker » Sun May 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi,
I put one of these on my U-40 and love it. Much like Engels Lafayette. Just make sure to use a little of the silicone type grease to lube the o-ring.

Pete
subsinker

Postby gawnefishing » Sun May 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Hey Pete,
Thanks for the info. Wish I could put one in but I think I am to far on the project. I don't think I can mount one after the mid section is built.
Matt
gawnefishing

Postby OJM » Thu May 21, 2009 11:26 am

S-L-O-W-L-Y Working my way on my converted Robbe U-47 to U-96, I read somewhere that the motors supplied with the kit used too much juice, What were the replacements recommended?

Thanks in advance.

:idea: Just did a quick search and found Graupner 400's had been used,
has anyone had good/bad experiences with these?
OJM

Postby Sub culture » Thu May 21, 2009 1:19 pm

You'll need gearboxes for speed 400's (££££).

Electronize do some nice low draw 545 motors which will sort you out nicely, and will slot right in with no modification to the rack. Not expensive either.

http://www.electronize.co.uk/54512.htm
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Thu May 21, 2009 1:52 pm

The end cap is also available from Engel. BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby fgroza » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:09 pm

I used Graupner 400's with 3-1 open gearboxes from Great Planes along with a Viper 25 esc. They work great. Some guys use the belt reduction with the 400 size motor and never regretted taking out the big 500 motors.
Engle has bayonette rings for several subs now on their website. This would be the way to go if you are building a new boat. They work great on the Layfaette.
The speed of the U-47 is fast with the 400 setup. I can run for several hours with the 2 6v 4amp gel cells I carry. They are in parallel so that you have 8 amps to run with. I also converted the boat to RCAB and use two bags to conttrol the diving. This is a great boat that is fun to run and looks great. There are several add on's available to enhance the looks of the kit.
Frank

fgroza

Return to R/C Modeler