Banner Ad 1

S-51 Builders Log

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby Pipes » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 am

Pipes

Postby Pipes » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:40 pm

More of the Washington Navy yard model

When I took these I did not really ever plan going down this road again.

Does anyone have drawings of the four inch mounts used on subs by the U.S. Navy?

Pipes

Postby Pipes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Managed to work in the shop for a little over an hour tonight. (Wife is on a buisiness trip and I have two kids at home still)

Trimmed the bottom of the conning tower and applied a layer of bondo to the pinholes and seams.

Hope no one is holding their breath.

Things I want to do with this boat.

1. Hyrid tank. The first S-boat in 1983 used freon which was a pain and hard to trim as the freon was used up the boat got lighter requiring higher speeds to hold down. I built a tank for the second S-Boat in 1986 that was from a piece of 6 inch plastic pipe with end plugs. It free flooded thru a top and bottom flapper valve that was opened by 12 volt solenoid. The tank was emptied with a one way 12 volt emerseable fuel pump by General Motors. Very small and shaped like a can with an inlet on one end and exaust on the other. It would empty the tank in 30 seconds. I worked out a method to drop in a freon back up which could now be a CO2 type for backup on those days you cant get the vent to the air.

2. Running Lights

3. LiPo with brushless power

As I have no work worth showing. Here is the forward topedo room.

Pipes

Previous

Return to R/C Modeler