Banner Ad 1

Moebius Seaview

R/C Submarine modelers

Moebius Seaview

Postby junglelord » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Just ordered my Moebius Seaview (actually two) from my local comic and hobby shop, which my buddy owns. The model is 39 inches and only cost $80. One of the 39 Inch Moebius Seaview's I will convert it to RC with a Conversion Kit sold by Caswell RC and Dave Marriman, total cost will be $500 for the conversion kit. It will surface and dive with a system that is the same as real subs known as Snort or Low Pressure Blower.
http://www.caswellplating.com/models/seaview.html

I also hope to make a model that follows some of Big Daves and Steve Neills designs concering not cutting the superstructure and using magnets instead to secure the model. I also have an RCABS airpump so I might as well make one like that as well as a Snort.

I hope to have this all done for summer. I will post pictures as they develop. I apprciate all the other Seaview builds I have seen on the web.
Here is some motivation....

junglelord

Postby junglelord » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:45 am

SOB, its a holiday today in Canada, yet somehow the delivery postal service was working!

There was a knock on the door around 9 am which I thought was my brother and I would go upstairs later....turns out it was one or both of my Seaviews....

Now I have to wait till tomorrow to pick them up.
:evil:
junglelord

Postby junglelord » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Here it is....and it snaps together with a perfect fit. This is going to be one nice RC Sub. Looks good beside my Robbe SeaWolf. Sweet.

junglelord

Postby greenman407 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Rick Teskey built one of his that the bottom came out like a tray but I cant find any pictures of it. Perhaps he could shed some light on the subject.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby junglelord » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:19 pm

I tried shedding some light on the subject today....
junglelord

Return to R/C Modeler