Banner Ad 1

U47 help

R/C Submarine modelers

U47 help

Postby Darksheer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:42 am

just bought the kit
oh sorry HI im the new guy
been modeling about 25 years and finalyl got my wife to let me buy it

im slowely removing the parts for assembly and I remember seeing a build thread somepalce that had like 13 pages of posts and photo's including the mounting of the forward dive plane servo

anyone know where this thread is im not sure if its here

also the mod to the front bolt thing in the WTC can someone explain this to me or point me to a thread that discusses it

thanks
Darksheer

Postby cougar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:55 pm

hi there
i am building a u 47 as well... and i am at that stage where i am doing to hull work. if you want me to take some pictures of my hull. just send me your email. alot of people on here helped me out alot..

you can talk to bob esller. he sent me a few. then i got to meet him at the regatta,,, real nice guy

the forward dive plane servo i am using is the waterproof traxxas. i just have it mounted in the forward section on the ff area. and just have the cable coming into the forward end capp

hope to hear from you :D

and by the way... welcome
go deep or go home
cougar

Postby cougar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:57 pm

hi there
i am building a u 47 as well... and i am at that stage where i am doing to hull work. if you want me to take some pictures of my hull. just send me your email. alot of people on here helped me out alot..

you can talk to bob eisller. he sent me a few. then i got to meet him at the regatta,,, real nice guy

the forward dive plane servo i am using is the waterproof traxxas. i just have it mounted in the forward section on the ff area. and just have the cable coming into the forward end capp

hope to hear from you :D

and by the way... welcome
go deep or go home
cougar

Postby Darksheer » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 pm

update
I found the mod out
it basically involves drilling a pin through the hex bolt thats used to join the 2 halves of the sub together to prevent it from seperating

the other mod was replacing the plastic Y guard for the rudders with one cut from brass

my front dive planes are going to be controlled from a servo inside the WTC that will use the bellows from the on/off switch to put the linkage outside the hull i will run a large "golden rod " shaft through the top of the hull to the front dive planes this way i only have 3 connections and ill put the switch inside the hull and turn the boat on before i connect it

now to find a plance to sail it once the 3 feet of ice melts

PS what are good motors to replace the stock ones with I have read they kill Batteries very fast
Darksheer

Postby tsenecal » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:43 pm

tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Postby Darksheer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:18 pm

fantastic link thank you
I know have to figure out how to convince the wife to let me buy it
along with the new dream arts tower

any suggestions for replacement motors
im reading more and more about getting rid of the stock ones
Darksheer

Postby tsenecal » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:05 pm

I built my u47 from the start with a ballast tank, and I used graupner 400 size motors with 4:1 planetary gearboxes.
tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler