Banner Ad 1

Old Baghdad Buddy seeks help with 688

R/C Submarine modelers

Old Baghdad Buddy seeks help with 688

Postby Baghdad Buddy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

Hello all!

Its been a long time since I strolled the hallowed halls of the SubCommittee.

The 39th made another trip out to the desert but I was left behind this time. I tore out my rotator cuff twice in one year training up for the second trip. After the second injury I was told nope.

Anyway I am back up a running now. Just in time to see the advanced party coming back to Arkansas In a couple more weeks.

I still have my Atomic Subs 688 and yes it is still unfinished. I came to the conclusion that RC subs require a little more engineering skills that I possess. I will stick to building planes and targets.

As many of you may remember I actually took the 688 to Baghdad with me, thinking I would have time for it. NOT! But it was my buddy, my distraction.

For that reason I don't want to get rid of it. I would very much like to see it completed and working. I have all the "stuff" to build it. I can do the cosmetics, paint and so on but I must confess I don't have the skills to assemble the internals. Many of you have tried to assist me in the fabrication and even helped with procuring some parts.

IF anybody out there has the time and willing to assemble this boat for me please let me know and what you would charge. As I said I all the components, electronics, WTC, and so on, I think...

I would really appreciate the work.

Thanks and hello to everyone in SUBRON 5!

Gorden Gregson
Baghdad Buddy
wartoy2020@yahoo.com
501-982-8276
God loves old fools and ships named Arkansas!
Baghdad Buddy

Postby raalst » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:19 pm

Try to PM/mail Steve Neill.
He might be able to help out.
His forum name is U812.

of course, there might be other interested parties as well.
Regards,

Ronald van Aalst

--------------------------------------------
Just here to Learn
raalst
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler