Banner Ad 1

New person With Possibly old questions

R/C Submarine modelers

New person With Possibly old questions

Postby Darksheer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 am

Morning
I am about to order a robbe U47 kit after much negotiation with the wife and I have a few questions i hope someone might be able to answer for me

does anyone know the answer to this
the kit props are not counter rotating does anyone know the part number for the robbe counter rotating props that will fit this kit

the drive shaft couplings couplings from what i gather are rubber tubes
does anyone know the part number for the robbe sectioned mechanical coupling that can be used in its place

final question
has anyone had any dealings with this company
http://www.dream-arts.info/
I am planning on buying a new conning tower to replace the existing one for a unique boat
how is the quality of the parts they supply ?

I guess some introductions are in order as well since im the new guy here
I have been building R/C models the better part of 25 years now but I usually just read the forums
I currently have the following
1/100 WW2 canadian tribal class in desperate need of rebuilding "house was broken into and the crooks thought we might have hid something inside the ship so they tore the decking off to get inside"

couple of 1/72 scale tugs
3 R/C tanks
1 R/C car

and my proudest moment a p51d plane still stuck 200 feet in the air 20 years after my friend attempted to land it inside a BC pine tree
Darksheer

Postby tsenecal » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:54 pm

the kit supplied propellers for the robbe u47 are counter rotating.
tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wheelerdealer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 pm

I have ordered a few bit from dream arts over the last 2 years with no problems. Ordered online and get a Paypal invoice a few days later.
Ramesh
www.rcmodelsubmarines.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------
Whaddya mean, I need a license to do that?!
Wheelerdealer
SubCommittee Member

Postby aquadeep » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:46 pm

The kit should come with the sloted couplers as does the Type XXI .But if not Graupner makes good ones that fit 4 mm shafts to the motors shaft.

One sugestion would be to replace the stock motors with faster 12 volt or 6 volt units ,the suplied ones are very under powered.

If posible modify the sub to dive staticly,a great option and I have done it on my nType XXI with very little money.
See my building thread on the "Modified To Static Dive Robbe Type XXI"
Made a huge diffrence in the performance and scale operation of this fine model,why Robbe did not make that way baffles me.

Also I will be replacing the WTC setup on my XXI to a new WTC I have made that is far superior than Robbes and is featured in the New Products post.
The Robbe WTC stresses the inner tray too much and eventualy could fail causing a massive breach.
Mine does not stress any thing and seals by turning a bayonet type lock and made from the same material as Scuba diving camarra housings.Hi teck and wiill not leak.
Can be made to any lenght and is interchangeable with other subs.

Pm me for more info.
Robbe.com has many replacement parts available as does Ships N Things.

Dave :D
"I like submarine comanders ,they don't have time for bull!!" and
"Don't tell me it can't be done!"

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Return to R/C Modeler