Another fellow and I are gathering up ideas on how to build a sub with the following proposed specs:
1) Mid 20th century type - typical surface type with ability to dive quickly
2) About 43.3" (1.1m) inch long in 1:30 scale
3) Twin screws - each screw driven by its own motor
4) Dry hull with an expected displacement of about 20 to 25 pounds (10 kgs. +/-)
5) Must be able to move with a good turn of speed
Please allow me to be vague at this point in time as to the actual sub type - Top Secret and all that.
We're looking for recommendations as to type and size of motors. We're thinking brush less at this point for small size with high torque but what are your ideas? Direct drive or geared? One ESC or two? That sort of thing.
Thanks for your time,