Banner Ad 1

SUBTECH - Problems with Subtech

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby AKULA » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:58 am

Hi. I´m an old Subtech´s customer. A year ago I order two subs and some items. I paid them a year ago but never received the items. Skip repeat me several times that the order would be shipped inmediately, but here I am, waiting and waiting. Can anyone tell me what can I do to get the subs or recover my money? !!!!!!!

Regards from Spain
Eduardo
AKULA

Postby btrippis » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:48 am

Skip is slow shipping his orders. Best advice is to call him
on the phone or send him e-mail to remind him you still
haven't received your order. I have done this and eventually
I did receive all the items. I understand your frustration.
It seems R/C submarines are a cottage industry and long
waits for kits and components seems to be the norm.

Regards, Brian Tripp
btrippis
SubCommittee Member

Postby AKULA » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:21 pm

Thank you Brian. The trouble is that I accept a delay but never more than one year from the payment, since Skip has told me several times that the shipment would depart during the next week. By the way I was ordering from Skip several times and items with a max. delay of one or two months...

Regards
AKULA

Postby MIT » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:53 pm

A very simple solution:

If you are not happy with a vendor, cancel your order, get your money back (if paid by check) and take your business somewhere else.
:)
MIT

Postby ThorDesign » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:45 pm

I have known Skip Asay a very long time. He is one of the most reliable people and vendors out there. Something must have fell through the cracks here. Skip is known for excellent quality and great service. Please contact him via phone as he can be a bit slow on emails when he is really busy. He WILL take care of you.

:)
ThorDesign

Postby Ramius-II » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:33 am

Hi Eduardo:
I too have done business with Skip and without problems. It may also be that there are a whole bunch of new problems trying to send ANYTHING out of the country or bring anything in. I buy things for Fox television and international shipments have become a real pain. Now, unless the sender and the receiver have special numbers (like a Federal I.D. number for people in America) you can send something, it will get stuck in customs for some time and then returned to you! I've had important shipments from Canada and England subject to these delays. Then there will be a call from the supplier asking for my F.I.D. number and the product will finally ship. Best recommendation is to call or e-mail and ask for the "tracking number" and carrier (Emery, Airborn, etc.). Then you can track the shipment on the internet!

Best, Ed
Just one more wire!
SC# 2268
WB6NSN
Ramius-II
SubCommittee Member

Postby Skip Asay » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:50 pm

Hello Eduardo -

Sincere apologies are in order. You have every reason to be upset. As Matt stated in a previous post in this thread, I am guilty of allowing your order to fall through the cracks (sadly, more than once).

Please be assured that your order will be shipped as soon as I return from Toledo (this coming Wednesday at the latest).

I will follow this up with an email as soon as I am home. I don't have an email program on my laptop.

Skip Asay
SubTech
The U.S. of A - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave
Skip Asay

Postby safrole » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:31 am

I for one am impressed that you so quickly take full responsibility. Nice to hear some old-fashioned straight talk.
safrole

Postby Britt Boyette » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:34 pm

That's the Skip I know. The products are great and so is the service.
Britt Boyette

Break Like The Wind Racing
Britt Boyette

Postby Dolphin » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:16 pm

I concur with Britt and many others, Skip Asays products and service are excellent. Same goes with Matt Thor too. Lee Upshaw is joining that flying formation along with Skip and Matt too.

Steve Reichmuth
Dolphin

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:02 am

Don't forget Al Matava of Ship's N' Things. His stuff always seems to arrive in record time. And if he can't ship it, he'll keep you up to date on when you'll get it.
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby AKULA » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:50 am

Hi All

I saw the reply from Skip. That´s fine. I´m confident about this time Skip send the subs and the other items, and the email he tells to send soon. In the case I find that a considerable delay happens ( 1 month) I´ll tell you in this same forum. I´ll never doubted Skip´s good intentions but I´ve always been side by side with Skip trying to help him in the spanish market. I wrote some articles introducing his subs and translate into spanish the Albacore instructions and I never thought that a delay for more than a year after payment would be produced. Sure this time Skip send the items at once.

Thanks to all subs people
AKULA

Postby Britt Boyette » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:01 pm

[quote]I concur with Britt and many others, Skip Asays products and service are excellent. Same goes with Matt Thor too. Lee Upshaw is joining that flying formation along with Skip and Matt too.

These are all good people that really do care about their customers. I would never hesitate to send my hard money to any of them. Not to mention, they are always a phone call away.
Britt Boyette

Break Like The Wind Racing
Britt Boyette

Return to R/C Modeler