Banner Ad 1

Lets talk radios

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby M. Munger » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:51 am

Radio is as Radio does, Mr Smalley :p

Heck, get an Airtronics from Skip (support our vendors!). For twin screws use a XMIX from Skip on your ECS's.

To get similiar potential functionality from any radio decided on, buy all the freq crystals (61-90), and a Radio Frequency Scanner (handy for any 'public' site/checking interference) too. Whack me in the head with a brick, the Polk unit's "sturdy" and "robust" case has more packed in it than most. Boy howdy, if they'd add flashing lights and maybe some lace trim.... The Robbe CAN have more switches knobs and other "distractions," but each module's cost is similiar to a 'entry level' radio itself.

Mattitude :p

Edited By M. Munger on 1079020506
SC member #1848
What part of "Bonds skin instantly" DON'T you understand?? :-P
M. Munger
SubCommittee Member

Postby 99-1073702857 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:02 pm

Tim Smalley...It's gonna take more than one bag. That is at least a two bagger. Like my old grandpa used to say,"beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone".

The #### of it is that it seems to be a very good radio at a very good price. I am using an Ace Nautical Commander, AM, and have no real complaints, but that Polk radio would sure be in my thoughts (nightmares?) if I look for a new static machine.
Chuck
99-1073702857

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:28 pm

I have looked at that Polks radio a couple of times in the hobby shop after Jim Butt told me about it. I would have bought one already, but I am still trying to get used to the idea. Maybe I can take the guts out and put them into a peach crate?

Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby AdriaticSea » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:33 pm

Hi All,

after finishing up my Thor Permit (and I have still a lot to do)
I will have to buy a radio, so I think that asking infos here is a good thing.
Here in Italy I can easily find Multiplex radios, and I'm intersted mainly on the Cockpit MM radio: any informations, experiences and suggestions are welcome on this model!
BEST REGARDS MAURO
-Rapidi ed Invisibili-
AdriaticSea

Postby Bigdave » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:09 pm

Hi Mauro, I have been using a Multiplex Cockpit radio for almost 4 years now. In fact I have two of them, one for land and one for air. I can't say enough good things about it. It is easy to program, change batteries, get inside, and has never let me down. :D Dave.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby 99-1073702857 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:04 pm

Tim Smalley...Two questions for you. 1. why would you do that to a peach crate? Have they ever hurt you?
2. That is a FINE lookin ride in your post, but...what is that ugly thing on the door?
Chuck
99-1073702857

Postby Wayne Frey » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:50 am

This question is for the Typhoon, which,of course, is a twin screw boat. I have some time before I get to this hull. I have two others to do before it.I like the ideas in the Multiplex radio.But would really like to see a duel throttle arraingement. Is there anything out there close in the way of a computor radio? Or does anyone think a Multiplex could be modified to have the duel stick like the F-14?
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:53 am

Wayne, With the Multiplex you can have any of the control sticks and switches work with any of the 7 channels. The back opens very easy and each control has it's own plug to connect to the main circuit. Short of relocating the stick assemblies(if you wanted the sticks side by side) you could use the center slider to control the other prop. Or have the up-down sticks control the motors and the dive planes on the center slider. You could with a little work make a stick assembly to replace the one that comes in it that would have two vertical sticks. It would not be to hard as the trims are digital. Actually I may look into doing that. Dave. :laugh:
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to R/C Modeler