Banner Ad 1

Changing stock WTC on Engel Typhoon - Into cylinder WTC any advice?

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby PaulC » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:33 pm

Don,

That's a good point. For recovering the missle and also as a possible lost boat locator. If you have the cash! Assuming it works underwater.

Edited By PaulC on 1077993266
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby skuggan » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:47 pm

Well actually I wasn't planning on using the missiles for locating the sub.
That is not their purpose :)
And before they are launched I don't need them to connecto to the satellite! altough it is a big plus if they do.
skuggan

Postby kd6hq » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:52 pm

Well actually I was thinking about after it is launched. Lets see there's land and there's water, sounds like a 50/50 chance it will end up in the water. If you don't connect to the satellite before it's launched - how do you know that you remembered to turn on the guidance system? How much power does it take to send a signal up to the satellite? So let me see if I understand this correctly you have 1. a guidance system both transmit and receive, 2. some type of battery (source) to power the electronics, 3. and a rocket motor.
This sounds like an interesting project and I guess I’m thinking too much about it. How do you go about insulating the rocket motor heat from the battery / electronics? Does the transmitter require an FCC license to operate? Do you have to pay a fee to use the satellite (transmit to it) ? Is it really a "guidance system" or just a tracking system?
Don

Keep the faith.....
kd6hq

Postby skuggan » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:34 pm

kd Im sorry can't go in to all of this yet :)
But as soon as It is all tested and if it works I will tell all about it.
But since most of you live in the US I guess you can't just make something like this without the risk of going to court.....
skuggan

Postby kd6hq » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:52 pm

Fair enough I will wait on you answer - thank you
Truth is I would probably never make one - I'm just interested in the way things work....
Don

Keep the faith.....
kd6hq

Postby skuggan » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:50 am

Thanx kd.
Truth is I don't want to leave any info before I know that it is either safe to use it or when I feel that I can't get it to work and perhaps someone else has an idea.
Don't want to give info on a 900$ system that someone will fire of first it sinks the sub then the missile flyes away never to be seen again :) Guess I will have some people getting mad at me hehe :)
I have a friend in the US who is testing to launch the rockets underwater to see if we can get a stabil and safe launch with the viking and also how long the launching tube needs to be stuff like that.

Andreas
skuggan

Previous

Return to R/C Modeler