Banner Ad 1

looking for NR-1 plans! - looking for NR-1 plans to build an R7C o

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby eneas » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:02 am

Hi to everyone! I'm looking for NR-1 plans to build a big scale one in R/C. Can someone tell me where I can finf this plans or, whereas, a good book regarding this?
thoank you to everyone, kind regards from here!

PD. surfi'n the net I've found a book called "Dark waters" regarding the NR-1, what about this book? it's good with plans?

And also one titled "Cold war submarines", how is it? thank you and I look forward to hearing from you
eneas

Postby Wayne Frey » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:17 pm

I have absorbed the book "Cold War Submarines". It does touch on the NR-1,but no detailed plans.However, even at the $40.00 plus price range,this is a must have book for anybody interested in what has happended to submarines since WWII.
I cannot see where they left much out.A lot of research went into that book.
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bradv » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:01 am

I've got "Dark Waters" and it's an *excellent* book - an enthralling read (for me anyway, being a sub-nut). Regarding plans, there's a diagramatic "Summary of Features" which shows a general overview, plus 8 relatively decent photos.
Brad
Triple "S" Model Boat Group - http://triple-s.org.au
Bradv

Postby FX Models » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:39 am

Hi Antonio, (eneas)

There are no public release plans for the NR-1 other than one starboard line drawing that is available on the NR-1 website that is rudimentary at best. NR-1 has always been shrouded in mystery and will continue to be for many years moving forward.
Having created some rather extensive models of NR-1 for the Navy, you can visit our website and take a look at our released photos of the models and get an idea of what it looks like. Plans no, photos yes. The website location for the images is as follows: http://www.fxmodels.com/NR-1.shtml

We have only been working with the crews and civilian support teams in the NR-1 program for 2 years now and as such are neophytes to the many many different variations it has gone through but the images of the models we have created are a snapshot of NR-1 as it is now.

I hope that the photos will be of help.

Marc

Edited By FX Models on 1074606125
FX Models

Return to R/C Modeler