Banner Ad 1

What scale should it be ??

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby Tommydeen » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:37 pm

Thierry.. I would like to see pics of your 1/48 type 212. how long is the 212 in 1/48?
Tom
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby ThierryC » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:21 am

Hi all

The scale for the Surcouf has been set at 1/60, this gives a nice boat, not too big but large enough to have working everything. The hull separation will be done at the water line, which is really close to the widest part of the boat.
Frank, do you have any pictures of your boat ? I would be really interested in seeing them.
Tommy, I will have pictures of the master in a few days, the 212 is about 41" long and 5" wide, feel free to email me for more details.
Carl, could you email me, it looks like you didn't provide an email address in your profile
There are 10 kind of people, those who undertand binary and those who don't !
Sub-Systems
ThierryC

Postby dietzer » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:58 am

Thierry,

I sent you an email on the 14th to your hotmail account. Evidently you didn't get it. I just sent you another one (again to your hotmail account). Let me know if you don't get that one.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Carl
Carl Dietz
SC#2504
dietzer

Postby ThierryC » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:02 pm

Hi
It seems that I am having problems with my hotmail account, could u send emails to thierryc@rogers.com instead ? This should work.

Thanks
There are 10 kind of people, those who undertand binary and those who don't !
Sub-Systems
ThierryC

Postby Robse » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:40 am

Hi..

About scale: Most builders seems to choose 1:96, and so was I originally. I have since then changed to 1:81 for my Ohio, when I started to scratch build the hull. Why? Because if you deside to build a boomer, do just that! When you sail at the lake, a sub does indeed attract attention, making it bigger makes it even more impressive. Second, you have more room for things, and larger room for error as the scale allows bigger deviations without them being too obvious.

My Ohio is 2.13 meters (app. 7 ft) long and 16 cm (app. 6.3 inch.) in diameter, and yes: It'll fit in my car AND on the top of the bookshelf in the living room. :D
Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting, Denmark
1/81 SSBN Ohio Class scratch builder, more at www.robse.dk

"Never be afraid to try something new; remember that it was amateurs who build Noah's Ark, and professionals who build the Titanic"
Robse

Previous

Return to R/C Modeler