Banner Ad 1

Krick VIIB

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby Matt C. » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:09 pm

Anyone out there work on the krick type viib u-boat? I was looking around for it, and was suprised that it features a ballast system. However, I have found no reviews or articles about the boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ---Matt C.
Matt C.

Postby billnuk » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:39 am

Matt
In the January 2004 copy of Marine Modelling International they are doing a review of the Krick U-Boat. It should be on sale in the UK before Christmas. - This may be just what you are looking for......Bill :)
billnuk

Postby boatbuilder1 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:41 am

I built the first krick available in the US and it is a nice kit little but nice one major flaw is that the propshafts are not long enough the props smack the hull on every rev so I made new ones with steel props robbed from a nichmo yamato
other than that it is nice but directions are a bit vague and no stated dimentions on the plans only in directions so you must perform this task uhg
there are several potential leaks, gaskets and stern tubes on mine the directions don't state to glue on the gaskets but I used rubber cement and no leak there now
the stern tubes is still an issue. the pump ballast system is really left up to the builder to figure out how to get it to work
I used a spare ESC so it works in and out , and I made some mods the stern planes work in conjunction with the bow only in opposite directions and instead of cutting a hatch in the side of the hull wow not a good idea and quite ugly I cut the top of the hull off up to and including the aft deck and made it a press fit so no screws are needed to hold in on if you need more just ask it is now the U 565 with bold splinter pattern camo no sailing session yet though
chuck

Edited By boatbuilder1 on 1070513093
charlie

Time is a fleeting idea of man's invention.
its all relative
boatbuilder1

Postby JWLaRue » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:03 am

Ummmm....aren't you talking about a different Krick?

I thought that the Type VIIB kit is an entirely new kit....and not the old planked hull Type II-like kit.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby boatbuilder1 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:17 pm

no jeff I am talking about the VllB it is little at only 36 inches long
charlie

Time is a fleeting idea of man's invention.
its all relative
boatbuilder1

Return to R/C Modeler