Banner Ad 1

Akula II Plans - where?

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby Wayne Frey » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:09 pm

I would like to find the external arraingement plans in 1/72 scale for an Akula II.
I have checked with Deep Sea Designs.He only has them in 1/96.Does anybody else have them?
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby TimW » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:50 am

There are some online drawings at this address. They can be viewed with AutoCAD or other CAD applications which you can download and use free for a month. I used IntelliCAD to view the drawings, as suggested on the site. I don't know how accurate or otherwise these plans are, but they seemed pretty detailed. The scale of the dimensions on the drawings is 1:1, so you'll have to do your own scaling. Otherwise it shouldn't be that difficult to rescale the Deep Sea Designs drawing anyway.

There is also another Akula plan that I found somewhere on the web as a JPG, but I can't find the address right now. It was a site with plans of 40 or so subs of all ages. I'm sure someone will come along with it soon.

Cheers,

Tim
TimW

Postby Desert Boat » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:51 am

I'm sure Greg Sharpe would sell you a set of 1/96 and give you the ok to enlarge them if you ask. Take them to the local BizMart and increase them by the appropriate %. ???
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby Wayne Frey » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:25 am

Tim,
That is an interesting line drawing of the Gepard.
I see what must be some kind of sensor just ahead of the sail,and at the 4:00 and 8:00 position in the front 1/3 of the sub.Do you have any idea what it is?
Also,just ahead of the sensor(?),is a large section on either side of the hull for some purpose.What is that,do you suppose?
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler