Banner Ad 1

Transmitter help ? - swimm'in with your sub

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:08 pm

Hi all I was wondering if there are any transmitter cases that can be used underwater so you in esence swim with your sub, and/or does any one know how I would go about and make one ?

Thanks,
Mike :O
Mike

The Guardian,
" I have not come this far, given up this much, just to be defeated by the likes of you "
Guardian

Postby AdriaticSea » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:46 pm

Hi Guardian,

Greg Sharpe of DeepSeaDesigns sells detailed plans and instructions to build a waterproof case for RC Transmitters...you can contact him at [email]deepseadesigns@telus.net.[/email] I don't know mr.Sharpe but I'm sure there are members here on the SC board that can give you more detailed informations and prices.
BEST REGARDS, MAURO

Edited By AdriaticSea on 1062611274
-Rapidi ed Invisibili-
AdriaticSea

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:57 pm

...and the current issue of the SubComittee Report has an article submitted by Greg Sharpe that shows how he built his underwater transmitter case. He even included the plans!

If you are not currently a member of the SubCommittee, now may be a good time to join!

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:11 pm

Jeff pm or email me with the price for joining the SC, also would my subscription include the current issue ?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike

The Guardian,
" I have not come this far, given up this much, just to be defeated by the likes of you "
Guardian

Postby Bob the Builder » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:34 pm

I believe Greg's plans run $10US. The following is taken from some documentation that he has given me.

Control your R/C submarine from underwater! Just the thing for BIG FUN scuba or snorkeling adventures. It puts you right in the action! A detailed building guide with photos and drawings tell how to construct of one of these devices. Any R/C radio that can be taken apart could be utilized, however the guide is based on a Futaba Conquest four channel system.

Construction is simple and should be well within the skills of anyone who can construct a watertight R/C submarine model. Briefly, the existing radio case is discarded and it's internals are fitted into a new waterproof box. Minor soldering skills are required to extend a few radio wires. The case itself is a simple plastic box that is glued and screwed together. A removable, O-ring sealed rear cover allows access into the case. R/C control is accomplished with four waterproof, rotary levers in place ot the original joy sticks.

This unit has been tested to a depth of 25 feet in fresh water with a radio signal transmission of 75 to 100 feet. Transmission results can vary depending on the mineral content of the water.

For fresh water use only! Will not function in salt water. Please be advised that brackish water or chlorine may shorten signal transmission length.

For anybody trying to get a hold of him lately, he's been hit bad with the computer viruses going around, so his e-mail is down for a while. Just keep trying and you'll eventually get through, though.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:29 pm

Thanks bob, I think I am just going to join, and hopfully get the current issue, with a write up and plans in it, i would like to get more than a 100' radio signal from it though, :D

Mike
Mike

The Guardian,
Guardian

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:10 pm

Mike,

Our SubCommittee home page has a link for "Join Us".....it has all the details.

Our membership year runs on an annual calendar basis, so folks who join now would get the March, June, and September issue sent to them immediately. Once the December issue is sent, all memberships would need to be renewed. (that's the sort of long answer for: yes, you'll get the current issue if you join now :D )

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:42 pm

grooovvyy :laugh:

Mike
Mike

The Guardian,
Guardian

Postby AdriaticSea » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:27 am

Hi Jeff,

could you tell me what's the release date for the September issue of the Report? I live here in Italy and usually the mail take a week or two to arrive.
BEST REGARDS MAURO

Edited By AdriaticSea on 1062671289
-Rapidi ed Invisibili-
AdriaticSea

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:49 am

The September SCR was mailed a little over a week ago. Lots of good how-to stuff in this one!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby AdriaticSea » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:53 am

Hi Tim,

thanks very much for the info...I can't wait to see the Report in my mailing box!
BEST REGARDS MAURO
-Rapidi ed Invisibili-
AdriaticSea

Return to R/C Modeler