Banner Ad 1

Need Akula Help

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby EricPW8818 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:24 pm

Alright I have come to the crossroads in construction here. How much will my 1/96 Akulas depth control be affected if I do NOT use bow planes? I would like to utilize them, but I don't see it working out with my planned hull half attachment method. I am going to go for a similar method used by the D&E Skipjack, but dont know how I could hook the planes up with hull half attachment like that? Any help is great.

Eric
If a man does his best, what else is there ? George S. Patton
EricPW8818

Postby Wayne Frey » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:31 pm

I have not put my Alfa in the water yet,but I asked a lot of questions from some patient people.The consesus was it is not required.A 1/96 Akula next to a 1/72 Alfa,size-wise,is pretty close. It should be fine.
But,while I am here,where can I get blue prints/drawings of a 1/72 Akula? I cannot find Deep Sea Designs website.Is there another source?
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bob the Builder » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:58 am

The reason you can't find Deep Sea Designs' site is that there isn't one... yet.

Stay tuned, though. There will be a great site up within the next 7 days that has his full line of RC sub blueprints, full plans for a WTC, a watertight transmitter case, and a couple of Verne style Nautilus designs as well! You'll be able to buy right from the site through PayPal.

In the meantime, you can e-mail Greg Sharpe at [email]deepseadesigns@telus.net.[/email]

I've seen his blueprints (I live only ten minutes away from him), and they are absolutely top knotch. Give him a shout.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler