Banner Ad 1

Fish tank pump

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby David H » Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:50 am

Dear all,

After running my boat around the pool yesterday. I pulled the WTC out of the boat and found some condensation on the inside of the WTC. I have had to open the boat up and let it dry, it got me thinking,

I have a small nozzle that I use to test pressure and to pressurize the boat. Could i open up the other end of the boat slightly and then connect the fish tank pump up to the nozzle and let this circulate air around the boat. Would this be effective enought in getting the moisture out? Anybody done this. :;):
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:53 am

Hi David -
I have a fishtank pump I use to dry out the ballast tank on my Hunley model. It has two output tubes and I fish both of them inside the tank. It is completely moisture free in a couple of hours.
Tim Smalley
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby David H » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:30 am

G'day tim,

Thanks for the comeback. What exactly do you mean by two outputs? Is this meaning that you have two nozzles (one to pump in and the other to allow air out. Do you have a moisture build up in the Hunley?

I've got some piccies of my Finished Chinese Xia , do you want them for your site?

regards,

david hughes :)
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:58 pm

Hi David -
No, both outputs "blow" :D

I just run both of the tubes into the ballast tank and let 'er rip. For some reason the inside of the ballast tank will stay damp for weeks unless I do this. I have 1/2" holes drilled in the bottom of it but it still stays wet - even with a 100 watt lightbulb shining on it.

I hate to have that moisture on my corrosion-plagued vent solenoid and the pump works great also for my other WTCs that leak once in awhile.

Yes, please. Send those shots to me at tmsmalley@charter.net and I'll get them up pronto. Too bad nobody will post them on this site :p Sometimes I feel like I should be charging the SC for disc space, LOL!

Tim

Edited By TMSmalley on 1060117212
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler