Banner Ad 1

Xcraft - search detail picts

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby Dekker XXIII » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:29 pm

Hi all,
I search all picts on british midget submarine Xcraft.
I have two little scaleplans but , but I need some photo for interpretating the scaleplan, particulary for superstructure details.I beginning the model the next week during a part of my hollidays..........;o).
Thanks
thierry XXIII
Dekker XXIII

Postby Ron » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:11 am

Thierry,

There is a book out by Paul Kemp, Midget Submarines of the second World War. If you want to build a X-24 this is a must have. It even comes with a working set of plans for the X-24.
I got my copy on e-bay, but I am sure any of the web book stores can get it for you. I am now in the process of making my hull. I figure this will see water next year.

Ron :D
Ron

Postby Dolphin » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:24 pm

http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/barrow/redirect?r=html/indexSearch.htm&c=Shipbuilding

http://www.dockmuseum.org.uk/barrow....bmarine

Hello Ron & Thierry,

Have you seen the 50 or more excellent images of XT-5 & X-51 from the Barrows Vickers photographic web site archive? Very detailed images both of outside and inside of these subs. All show details of the components under construction by the builders (Vickers) which could be very clarifying too.

The web page has a block against copying the images onto your file. But there is a very easy way around this if you use these only for your personal use. When you have a image you wish top copy, click 'save as' for the whole page. Then send to your desktop. There click on the file and copy the image then, the computer conveniently separating the page components and making coping for your image a breeze. That is till the web page finds this out and raises a higher barrier. "The things I do for England". :cool:

Enjoy,

Steve Reichmuth
Dolphin

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:48 am

Which version of the x-craft are you wanting to build? I think there where two or three versions. 2 in WW2; one for the North Sea and a similar version for the Pacific theatre. After WW2 another version was made sometime in the 1950's.

David
David
Dave

Postby TKasinec » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:22 pm

Hi Steve, what is the address of the Barrows Vickers web page? I did a search using "Dogpile" and came up with nothing submarine related.

I have the OTW British midget submarine kit for the X-51, 1/12th scale. I would like to see some original pictures and especially the color scheme if available.

Thanks,

Tom Kasinec
TKasinec

Return to R/C Modeler