Banner Ad 1

Layout of big boat ??

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby ThierryC » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:16 pm

Hello

I am building the Scale Shipyard huge I-19, or at least trying to. There is so much room in this boat that I keep on redesigning the layout every week if not more often. My wife is threatenning heavy retaliation he I don't stop leaving trails of papers with possible layout and WTCs.
There are just too many possibilities. All of you who have huge boats like 1/32 fleet boats and such, how did you layout your boats ? I would like to see pictures and get new ideas.

Thanks
There are 10 kind of people, those who undertand binary and those who don't !
Sub-Systems
ThierryC

Postby 99-1045850132 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:13 pm

Hi Thiery, The thing you need to consider is what features you want in that boat. From there, you can figure on how to hook everything up. Say for instance, you need motors, speed controllers and such, those go in one WTC. in the rear. Do you plan on putting in bow planes if the I 19 has them? then you need to put the controls for those in another, say up in front. Are you planning a compressor or gas or pump? You need to make allowances for that. Plus, don't forget your Ballast compartment. One thing with big boats you can put a lot of stuff in it :) Cheers, c.j.g.
99-1045850132

Return to R/C Modeler