Banner Ad 1

eyes for a sub - H&S Video Periscopes

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby Terry Weber » Wed May 14, 2003 7:13 pm

Can someone tell me more about the video periscopes that this company makes, and how I can contact them? Thanks,
Terry
Terry Weber

Postby 87-1052876987 » Wed May 14, 2003 7:50 pm

It used to be listed as a link in the vendors list,but I cannot find them now.
In another link below,there was some talk of a company called supercircuits just north of Austin.I live in Austin and plan to make a trip up there with a hull to show them our interest and see if they will modify something to be more adaptable to the hobby.Their catalog is free.I have one now.There are some excellent things in there that make you go hmmm.
87-1052876987

Postby Terry Weber » Wed May 14, 2003 7:56 pm

Wayne Frey wrote:It used to be listed as a link in the vendors list,but I cannot find them now.
In another link below,there was some talk of a company called supercircuits just north of Austin.I live in Austin and plan to make a trip up there with a hull to show them our interest and see if they will modify something to be more adaptable to the hobby.Their catalog is free.I have one now.There are some excellent things in there that make you go hmmm.

Great idea! Please keep us all posted on what they say!
Terry
Terry Weber

Postby Ramius-II » Wed May 14, 2003 8:14 pm

The link for H + S Periscopes: http://hometown.aol.com/subscope/hsperiscope.html

Please keep in mind it's AOL (amatures on line) :D

E-mail I have is SubScope@aol.com

Best Luck, Ed :;):
Just one more wire!
SC# 2268
WB6NSN
Ramius-II
SubCommittee Member

Postby M. Munger » Wed May 14, 2003 9:22 pm

Good day folks:

I have just spoken to Henry Frickel (the "H" in H&S Vid 'Scopes) and he tells me that they are no longer available/in production. The limited production (8 units I believe) run pretty much ended with the 12" scope I have for my 32p XXIII. The amount of work required to build the scopes (precision prism grinding, fiber optics etc) made it far from cost effective for them. Perhaps they can be enticed into another production run at some point?

I hope to have it functioning (the XXIII) for the Carmel Run this weekend, as it is really a work of art (the scope, not my XXIII)!!!

Matt

Edited By M. Munger on 1052962373
SC member #1848
What part of "Bonds skin instantly" DON'T you understand?? :-P
M. Munger
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler