Banner Ad 1

Mtroniks esc

R/C Submarine modelers

Mtroniks esc

Postby P Webster » Wed May 14, 2014 12:35 am

I am in the process of wiring in the esc's for my Engel type IX and am wondering if it would be OK to go on just one esc because with the two units I find that one of the motors runs much slower than the other.
The units I have are the Mtroniks Viper Sub10 which has a 40A motor limit and I want to run one on BEC. Would having both esc's wired in with one on BEC and the other with the relevant lead disconnected be the cause of uneven running or can someone come up with another solution
Thanks in advance
Peter W
P Webster
SubCommittee Member

Re: Mtroniks esc

Postby Sub culture » Wed May 14, 2014 11:08 am

Wiring out one of the BEC's is correct and won't cause one motor to run slower than the other.

My first instinct would be to check the ESC's are both correctly programmed for the same throttle response. The manual clearly explains the initial set-up procedure for these ESC's, so no need for me to repeat it here.

http://www.mtroniks.net/resources/VIPER ... eet_13.pdf

If that doesn't make any difference, it could be a bad motor. Certainly one of those ESC's should be able to power both motors quite easily, but it won't allow differential motor control if you want to use that to help the boats steering.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Re: Mtroniks esc

Postby JWLaRue » Wed May 14, 2014 11:48 am

Peter,

What happens if you switch motors between ESCs? Does the same motor (still) run slower? If so, then as Andy suggested it's probably the motor.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler