Banner Ad 1

Small World Blueback

R/C Submarine modelers

Small World Blueback

Postby secrtwpn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:25 pm

I bought one of Dave Manley's Bluebacks about 13 years ago. I became frustrated with it and put it up on the shelf. Recently I got the urge to take it down and try it again. Any ideas on what I need to do to bring it back (i.e. seals, etc). It has his original WTC. I don't have the $$$$$$ to run out and buy a new WTC. Does anyone have one that can give me any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thx
Farlan Clutters
Hesperia, Calif.
Farlan Clutters
secrtwpn
SubCommittee Member

Re: Small World Blueback

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi Farla,

At a minimum I would consider replacing the seals...but there is a reasonable chance that they may still be good.

You didn't say what frustrated you the first time around, if you could shed some light on that folks can offer some suggestions.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Re: Small World Blueback

Postby secrtwpn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 am

One of my frustrations was trying to get it balanced with the ballast tank flooded so it would be decks awash. I would put in and take out flotation foam, but it never seemed to work out. I also have an early Sub Tech leveller and could never get that to work. I noted there are newer models now on the market. Lastly, the WTC would keep moving up and down in the hull thus restricting the stern diving plane movement. However, I recently have seen folks using a strip of velcro on the bottom of the WTC to hold it in place. I'm going to give that a try..........
Farlan Clutters
secrtwpn
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler