Banner Ad 1

Antenna configuration

R/C Submarine modelers

Antenna configuration

Postby gseawolf » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:51 am

Hello,
I have a robbe seawolf v2 and I lose the signal at 1m deep. Do you have any tip about how to place the antenna inside the WTC to improve signal strength?

Thank you very much
gseawolf

Re: Antenna configuration

Postby gantu » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:08 am

Hi make some pic´s from the inside of the boat let´s see were the antennacabel is? What kind of recive?
Gantu
gantu

Re: Antenna configuration

Postby Sub culture » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Lots of things affect the radio reception to your sub, although antenna routing is important, it isn't hyper critical, and the very short range you are getting suggest some other issue, which could be with the sub itself, or the water you are sailing it in. Could also be a poor transmitter. Lots of variables here, and I'm afraid it's a case of a process of elimination to find out the cause- very difficult to diagnose by proxy.

A few things it could be, and ways to test (assuming you have spare equipment or can borrow a spare).

High mineral content water or brackish (salt content) water. Try another lake/pond/pool

Duff receiver. Try another receiver.

Duff BEC or ESC. Swap it out.

Duff TX. As above.

Duff crystals. Swap out. Irrelevant if using synthesized radio.

Bad wiring. Renew or rework.

Poor or no suppression on drive motor (unlikely but possible). Check motor has at least three suppression caps fitted.

Okay that's all the points i can think of. The Seawolf is a fairly straightforward boat, so shouldn't present too many problems on the electrical front.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler