1/72 scale revel type 7

R/C Submarine modelers

1/72 scale revel type 7

Postby kurt250 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:23 am

does anyone know were i can get the type7 photo-etched deck set . kurt250
kurt250

Re: 1/72 scale revel type 7

Postby Sub culture » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Modelbrass used to supply a really nice set, but I don't think they're in business any longer.

You could try advertsing for a secondhand one, I suspect there are a few sitting around in cupboards, or kepp an eye on ebay. There is a company that does a laser cut plywood deck, should be okay if you resin it well, but offers little advantage over the original IMO.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby jingjingjing » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Modelbrass is still alive and kicking. I placed an order for type 7 deck set and received it a few days later. It looks fantastic and good deal for the money but it is too heavy and made my sub top heavy.
jingjingjing

Postby Sub culture » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 am

Well that's good news. Quite a few people weren't getting any response to emails a while back, and it appeared that they weren't in business. Perhaps with the re-rlease of the Revell Type VII, they've had another batch of decks etched.

To deal with the weight issue, you can fill out the sides, where the saddle tanks are with foam and get as much lead as possible in the bottom of the boat.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler