Banner Ad 1

1/350 Dragon Typhoon R.C Conversion

R/C Submarine modelers

1/350 Dragon Typhoon R.C Conversion

Postby Jure George » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:06 am

Hello

Like the title says, I have a Dragon 1/350 Typhoon that I would like to convert to R.C Static control with a WTC and the air bladder system without a snort. Anyone have any tips for me? What size of WTC, length, dia. to use? Of course I have the small electronics already or can get. Any tips, pictures etc. would be helpful. I have seen others that section up the lower hull to make seperate sections for their subs but I would like to use a WTC.

Please let me know how it could be done, pictures are always welcome, drawings to.

Thanks In Advance.

George
Geroge Tonkovic
Jure George

Re: 1/350 Dragon Typhoon R.C Conversion

Postby Sub culture » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:26 am

Jumping about a bit aren't you. Other day it was a submersible.

Lot of information on 1/350th Typhoon conversion here- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... ht=typhoon

A cylinder will be similar, just a bit less space, you could always fit two cylinders side by side, like the 1:1 versions.

But I would work with something larger personally. Small subs have novelty value, but that novelty soon wears thin.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Re: 1/350 Dragon Typhoon R.C Conversion

Postby PaulC » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Fitz Walker has a very nice article on converting a Doyusha I-400 into a dynamic diver you might want to look at in the latest SCR. He has converted a very small Typhoon as well. I don't think it is the Dragon kit -- it has the bulbous, non-scale bow sonar dome. At any rate the article would be a good place to start for general ideas on how to tackle your issues.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler