Banner Ad 1

UK Radio suppliers

R/C Submarine modelers

UK Radio suppliers

Postby StuartL » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 am

Has anyone found anyone in the UK selling 27 or 40 MHz 6-channel-plus radios? 2.4GHz is now so common that even ebay is short of transmitters. Receivers don't seem to be the problem, transmitters seem to be the major issue. I can only find one place online (Steve Webb/Servo Shop) selling a 40MHz transmitter (the Multiplex Cockpix SX) with more than 4 channels. While this is a really good unit it's £150 + shipping, too much for my tight pockets.

Has anyone seen anywhere selling 40MHz FM units with six or more channels? I'm seriously loathed to consider using my Skysport 6 cos it's 35MHz, a legal and ethical nono. If I could convert it to 40MHz I'd be tempted...
StuartL

Re: UK Radio suppliers

Postby StuartL » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 am

Hah. I've spent days searching then minutes after posting above found this:

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/aca ... _4714.html
StuartL

Postby salmon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Isn't that the way it goes? Or you throw away something that you have not used/needed in 8 years then the day after the trash is picked up, you need it.
Glad you found a source for a transmitter!
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 pm

A few months back, there were bargains galore as many retailers cleared out their stock of 40mhz kit. I think most of that has gone now, though.

40 mhz is getting a little trickier to find in model shops, as unless you're a submariner, there is really little incentive to buy anything other than 2.4ghz sets, so demand is low. However there are secondhand sets to be had as skimmer owners offload their 40mhz sets when crossing over to 2.4ghz.

Ebay throws up a few bargains now and again. The model boat mayhem forum is another good source, sets come up for sale fairly regularly

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum

I saw a chap on Facebook looking to flog a new in box 40mhz Skysport 6. No mention of price, but I might be able to put you in touch if you're interested?

'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby StuartL » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Sub culture wrote:I saw a chap on Facebook looking to flog a new in box 40mhz Skysport 6. No mention of price, but I might be able to put you in touch if you're interested?

Yes please! My email is my first name at braincell dot cx. It's going to have to be a reasonable price cos although I love my skysport 35MHz I can pick that Graupner 6 channel up brand new with warranty for 66 shipped.

Thanks!

Stuart
StuartL

Return to R/C Modeler