Banner Ad 1

Radio Help Please

R/C Submarine modelers

Radio Help Please

Postby brutis11 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:35 pm

I am currently building an Engel MK VII Submarine and here is my problem I live in the US and one radio that they sell that I really like is Robbe Futaba F14 Navy twin, but it is 40MHZ which is not leagle to use in the Usa as I understand can it be converted to 72 to 75 MHZ . Does any one know if somebody sells this radio in 72 to 75 MHZ and wherere? I currently have a Airtronics RD8000 which is a 8 channel programable FM 72 mhz that has 4 servos and 4 switches, one is a 3 position and 3 on off. The engal kit requires a 1 3 position and 2 slider switches. for the dive tanks .If any one is familier with Airtronices radios can the 2 on off switches to a reastat to run the dive tanks.
Thanks for your help
Jim
brutis11

Re: Radio Help Please

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Jim,

The only place in the US that I am away of that has carried the robe F-14 is Ships n Things http://www.shipsnthings.com. That radio is still listed on their web site, but I (also) do not know if they currently have any in stock.

Worse case, you can send your radio to Radio South http://www.radiosouthrc.com and they can convert your radio for a nominal fee.

Sorry, can't offer any advice on the Airtronics radios....

-hope this helps,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:29 am

Some radios can have the switches converted to proportional sliders/rotary controls, but some cannot.

Later sets especially tend to be more difficult, as they tend to use microcontrollers inplace of hardware encoders. Sets like the F14 are specifically designed to be flexible, so you can place a pot, slider, switch on any channel you choose- if only they were all built that way. Not sure why you want the navy version though with the twin sticks.

It's more money, but you might also consider a Multiplex Royal Evo set. Definitely a set that you will want to hang onto, with an extensive feature set that is ideal for your Engel u-boat. I understand they can be tuned to surface frequency, and Jeff and Dave Welch both use these radios on your side of the pond, so they should be able to offer more advice on that matter.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Feet Wet » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 am

I believe that Harbor Models carries, or at least did carry, the Robbe F-14 in 75mhz. Try here: www.harbormodels.com
Jonathan
Feet Wet
SubCommittee Member

Postby brutis11 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 pm

I think I found a radio that will work, I will post when I get the radio in
thanks for the replys
Jim
brutis11

Return to R/C Modeler