Banner Ad 1

British S Class

R/C Submarine modelers

British S Class

Postby peewee » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:49 am

Hi All,
I am in the process of building an OTW S Class, however i am struggling to locate any colour schemes. I was hoping that someone may have some information here on various options to enable something other than simple grey on top and black pressure hull.
regards
Ian
Sane? who knows who cares?
peewee

Re: British S Class

Postby Sub culture » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:29 am

Not sure if some of the S-classes were painted in the blue scheme used for the U-classes in the med. That's one possibility. I also read that some of our boats were painted green for operation in the far east. Again not sure if that applied to the S-class.

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby peewee » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Cheers Andy,
I too have heard about the blue and green schemes and have seen a picture of a S model in the blue. The trouble i am having is categorical evidence of the schemes as there seems to be little research on these boats compared to their German counterparts.

Ian
Ian
Sane? who knows who cares?
peewee

Postby corsairman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:08 am

I have built an OTW "S" class and have done some research on the colors that were used on many of the "S" class. I can send you some information and a picture of my boat if you would like. Let me know your e-mail address or phone number and we can talk.

Lots of different color schemes can be used it all depends where the boat spent most of its time.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Ken Griffin
corsairman
SubCommittee Member
corsairman
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler