Banner Ad 1

calling all engel lafayette owners

R/C Submarine modelers

calling all engel lafayette owners

Postby xxl » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:55 pm

I am thinking of buying a Engel SSBN-616 Lafayette. My question is this a good radio to use with it? Reason for asking the radio chocies are getting less. The 75 band is fading away.

http://www.robotshop.com/ca/hitec-laser-6-1.html
Captain Ramius: You're afraid of our fleet. Well, you should be. Personally, I'd give us one chance in three. More tea anyone?

Stihl 026 066

Engel lafayette
xxl

Re: calling all engel lafayette owners

Postby fgroza » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:36 am

This radio will work for what you want, however you are stuck on negative shift 75 mhz. You may want to look at Polks Tracker III , it is a computer radio, works on positive and negative shift ,holds 99 models in memory and on and on. They were selling for $99 and it is a 8 channel radio. Yes it is getting hard to find 75mhz stuff but if you have the option of pos/neg shift, most any 75mhz receivers will work. There is a guy selling Multiplex 7 ch. receivers on 75mhz for $10 each, new in the box on Ebay. They are new and work great. Xtal's for them come from Hobby Horse, or Tom's rc. Don't get me wrong about the Hitec radio, it's a great unit. If you can get extra receivers for it ,you may be set. However, Hitec Supreme 8ch receivers are drying up.
One great receiver to look into is a Sambra SL-8. These are bullet proof and work great. No xtal and you program it to your channel. Very small also.
Frank
fgroza

Re: calling all engel lafayette owners

Postby SubICman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:32 pm

GWS offers a 6 channel transmitter on 75mhz with matching receivers in 4 or 6 channels. Robot market place has them. They are not computer, but they work. Just bought a setup for 100 bucks.
When surfaced, the bridge access hatch can be optionally open or shut, however, when submerged it is required to be shut. (Really a no s***t precaution from a procedure in use in the sub fleet today.)
SC #3116
SubICman
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler