Banner Ad 1

July Fun Run - "Operation Aggie"

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

July Fun Run - "Operation Aggie"

Postby PaulC » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:56 pm

For those who are unable to attend Sun N Fun in June, we are looking at having a Saturday only fun run in the natatorium complex of the Texas A&M University student recreation center in College Station, Texas. This is an excellent facility and should be a blast. Area of operations to include:

Instructional Pool - this indoor pool is 4'1" deep on the ends and 4'6" in the middle. The handicap ramp affords easy launching and there is a ledge at waterlevel surrounding the pool. This is comparable to running in the reflection pond in Carmel, IN at the SubRegatta only a little deeper.

Platform Diving Area - this broad area has perfect places to launch a boat and excellent vantage points for driving. Max depth is 17' so watch your bubble. An underwater window will be available for observation and photo opportunities.

Admission will be $7 per boat for a day's running. If you want to attend, feel free to suggest a preferred run date as this is still undecided.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:06 am

Okay, Paul, now you really got me! You said this was only a "maybe" when we last spoke. Major congrats on making it happen! I'm SO envious and SO wish I could be there! All that great accessibility and an underwater window TOO? SOMEBODY bring a well-stocked video camera, willya?! I wanna see the best video coverage of a SubRon 5 event yet!

Good luck and good hunting, Augie bubbleheads,
Jeff
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:10 am

Oops -- how embarrassing! Make that "Aggie." :roll:

Whaddaya expect from an MSU Spartan?

Jeff
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby dietzer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 pm

Count me in, Paul!

Carl
Carl Dietz
SC#2504
dietzer

Postby PaulC » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 pm

That's great, Carl! Will do.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier